Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan ducking Brook o e of the biggest/most obvious of this generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Khan said he wanted brook to fight some big names, not one big name. There might be a few reasons for that request.
    One of the reasons is to become more known because one good win doesn't neccesarily mean people know who you are. And sio brook can get a little more wear and tear.
    I think brook didn't satisfy khans criteria
    No he said if Brook beat Porter and won the title he would fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Khan said he wanted brook to fight some big names, not one big name. There might be a few reasons for that request.
      One of the reasons is to become more known because one good win doesn't neccesarily mean people know who you are. And sio brook can get a little more wear and tear.
      I think brook didn't satisfy khans criteria
      Who is Khan to be calling any shots? Why does he think he is in a position of power? Khan might have fought some bigger names, but he lost to most of them.... Besides, this is a fight that would take place in the UK... this is a fight that could sell 80,000 at Wembley... how does Brook need to be a bigger name when you could sell out a football stadium with him?
      The simple fact is that is Khan beat Brook, it would be the best win of his career by far, plus he would make more money with Brook than he could make with anyone else right now.
      It literally makes 0 sense for him to turn this fight down.... but Khan clearly has low IQ and ego problems. He would rather get hard over being in a position of power created by his own delusions, than to actually prove he is the best British welterweight.

Comment

I'd rather see Brook vs Spence. I'm a real boxing fan. I'm just effing sick of seeing this so-called top welter fighting No no Dan type opponents. It makes no sense seeing a top welter fighting a guy who just got knocked out cold in a recent fight. Brook is the biggest joke in boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          The combined purses for Froch-Groves were £10 million (Groves got 2). If they pay Khan 10 what will Brook get, a bottle of water?
          Like I said Hearn should not of suggested it would be a bigger fight .

At the very least he should offer Khan £8 mill an then negotiate from there.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
            What are you talking about he doesn't deserve it? And don't bring in irrelevant fighters names like GGG and Adonis, I am not talking about them, nor is this thread anything to do with them. You seem like you have a chip on your shoulder mate.
            I have already explained that the Khan v Brook fight is one of the top 2 in demand fights in the UK. Brook has a world title, he has as many decent wins as Amir (Which is 1), he is highly ranked, highly rated and the fight would earn Khan more money than any other fight out there (he would probably earn around £10 million).
            Khan just got KTFO and has not done anything good since he beat Maidana... please explain why you put him on a pedestal over Brook? when the reality is they both need a marquee win, and a win over one another would be by far the best wins of their respective careers?
            Kell is babied fighter. Tired of him fighting bums. No fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
              A Canelo fan talking about other fighters being babied

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                Wow, great arguments... and good to know you are a guy who doesn't want to see a great match-up. What a credit to this forum you are, really putting forward some great points and arguments... and what a credit to the sport you are as a fan, not wanting to see the best fights. Just an absolute credit mate.
                Boxing and it's fans have become such a joke... what is this crap? Seriously...

Comment

It would kill Khan to be beaten by another Brit. He simply doesn't want that.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                    ... Everyone with half a brain knows Kell has quality. Khan thinks he is bigger than he is, he always has. If you watch his latest interview at the airport with SkySports, he goes on about "I am fighting the biggest names, like Alvarez and others like that (what others like that? He can't name anyone other than Alvarez)", (...) This idiot actually thinks losing to Alvarez is as good as a win... (...)
                    Everyone in the UK and every boxing fan wants this fight... but Khan doesn't because he thinks he is too good? C'mon, get out of here with that rubbish... Khan is just as unproven as Kell... all of his wins are pretty poor and he has lost every time he has boxed a legit challenge.
                    Angry some?...

Well, you're right to be...

Comment

Just shows what kind of character khan has. Instead of fighting a 50/50 fight that helps settle thing at ww, he will go up and get KO'd for the money.

Hopefully, he has a change of heart and fights Brook, then takes on one of the other champions.

Comment

Working...
                      X