No announcement yet.

Canelo beating GGG better for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo beating GGG better for boxing?

Im a fan of both fighters and hope this fight gets made, but dp you think boxing is better off in the long run if Canelo wins? Canelo is 25 and Golovkin is 34, probably only has 3 good years left. Canelo has star power while GGG is not as big as attraction. So what you think?

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
    Im a fan of both fighters and hope this fight gets made, but dp you think boxing is better off in the long run if Canelo wins? Canelo is 25 and Golovkin is 34, probably only has 3 good years left. Canelo has star power while GGG is not as big as attraction. So what you think?

Them fighting is what is good for boxing. The outcome does'nt really matter. Not like Canelo or GGG disappear from boxing if they lose. Thinking that we need someone to carry the sport is the problem. People just need to start fighting each other and the sport will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
      Them fighting is what is good for boxing. The outcome does'nt really matter. Not like Canelo or GGG disappear from boxing if they lose. Thinking that we need someone to carry the sport is the problem. People just need to start fighting each other and the sport will be just fine.
      So you agree wif me? Good

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
        So you agree wif me? Good
        i think he disagrees with the basis of your logic.

Even though i want GGG to win... the best thing for boxing is that the fight happens and is a good fight... the outcome doesn't matter for boxing (as long as it isn't corrupt). If we get a hagler vs. Hearn type of fight then that's good for boxing not who wins.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          Yeah: Big fights are better for boxing...

These two guys may fight now and then fight each other again...

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
            i think he disagrees with the basis of your logic.

Even though i want GGG to win... the best thing for boxing is that the fight happens and is a good fight... the outcome doesn't matter for boxing (as long as it isn't corrupt). If we get a hagler vs. Hearn type of fight then that's good for boxing not who wins.
            Nah, he just pm me and said he agrees wif me

Comment

The best thing for boxing is exciting fights like this happening and for Mayweather and Pacquaio to stay the hell away.

Comment

Fan of both of them as well even though I'll be rooting for Canelo. Just want to see the better man win.

Comment

If Canelo beat GGG he would be considered far and away the greatest fighter currently lacing up the gloves. It's already anticipated that his PPV run will be the battery that GBP operates off of- but if he beats GGG you can expect that scenario to enter hyper-drive.

It can't be overstated enough how big of a win that would be and how limitless Canelo's ceiling would become.

He's perfectly capable of winning that fight too. He has 10x the chance to win that Khan had on Saturday.

Comment

I think them fighting is good for the sport as they are the 2 most marketed fighters in the world right now.

I think its better long term for the sport if the younger fighter with the bigger fanbase wins. GGG winning would be better for diehard boxing fans as it makes floyd/ggg and ward/ggg, fights we want to see, more possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X