Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You gotto respect Mayweather for schooling Canelo like he did.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone can say what they want about Mayweather but he walks the walk. He's beaten everyone they've put in front of him. No denying his talent. I do think that Canelo learned a lot in the Floyd fight. Kahn tried to emulate Floyd's style when he fought Canelo. I think that was their "plan". He quickly found out he's no Mayweather. That coupled with the fact that he can't take a punch led to his destiny that night.

Comment

• Why? Because Khan's so good?
      Amir's got bad defense, a weak chin and his best wins were at 140 lbs. Besides that, he was probably outweighed by more than 20lbs. on fight nite.
      If Alvarez didn't ko the weak chinned , smaller Khan most fans would have been surprised.
      Mayweather beat the younger version of Canelo by doing what he always does, play defense and exploit the other fighter weakness. In Alvarez's case it was lack of experience, slow feet and questionable stamina. The catchweight didn't hurt either. A win's a win but definitely a predictable outcome.

Comment

• floyd put on a master class that night.

weight would have made no difference IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
          floyd put on a master class that night.

weight would have made no difference IMO.
          Nothing to be proud of really. It was a perfect time to cherry pick a young buck.

It was to be expected. If Floyd lost to that young buck that night. it would have been embarrassing for him. Like how Canelo was to Khan.

Floyd won against a young 22 yo green kid still learning how to play the game. The boy learned a lot from that fight. Yes, the young drained lion learned a lot that day.

Not the Canelo that is today. Everyone knows a young rookie is different from a seasoned athlete.

Thanks to Floyd though, Canelo grew in wisdom. Thanks Floyd for helping Canelo be the man that he is today. He was able to learn the lesson of how not to drain himself ever again.

# in other words it was a prematurely drained young Canelo he fought. Shows how smart Floyd knows when the right time is to cherry pick an opponent.

# truth hurts Floyd beat a green/drained 22 yo Canelo. Yes Floyd won against that dude with those conditions. That's all there is to it. Not the canelo of today.

Floyd is an ATG cherry picker. Nothing comes close.

Last edited by Spoon23; 05-12-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Nothing to be proud of really. It was a perfect time to cherry pick a young buck.

It was to be expected. If Floyd lost to that young buck that night. it would have been embarrassing for him. Like how Canelo was to Khan.

Floyd won against a young 22 yo green kid still learning how to play the game. The boy learned a lot from that fight. Yes, the young drained lion learned a lot that day.

Not the Canelo that is today. Everyone knows a young rookie is different from a seasoned athlete.

Thanks to Floyd though, Canelo grew in wisdom. Thanks Floyd for helping Canelo be the man that he is today. He was able to learn the lesson of how not to drain himself ever again.

# in other words it was a prematurely drained young Canelo he fought. Shows how smart Floyd knows when the right time is to cherry pick an opponent.

# truth hurts Floyd beat a green/drained 22 yo Canelo. Yes Floyd won against that dude with those conditions. That's all there is to it. Not the canelo of today.

Your bubble is a world so full of denial that you can only breath the fumes of your own BS , poor kid I feel sorry for your pain .

Comment

• Can'tNelo was green but I think floydie schools him again if they fight this year

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                Gotta love the he was drained doe comments. Almost 3 years later and canelo has moved up 1 whole pound
                Exactly. 3 years ago and Canelo has to drop 1 extra point to make 152 as he had weighed in at 153 in several most recent fights. And it was Canelo who proposed the catch weight.

All the haters said Floyd would never ever fight a young beast like Canelo, he did at a higher weight than his own and he schooled the bigger man. Canelo weighed 170 fight night and was an undefeated fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Can'tNelo was green but I think floydie schools him again if they fight this year
                  It remains to be seen. Floyd fought a 22 kid yo learning the ropes. (Green)

I'll bet my house at 155 lb veteran canelo kills him.

With preconditions: vada testing not USADA. USADA can make Floyd into the hulk and they won't notice lmao and no Bayless. Hugging games are over.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 05-12-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Lmao.

I knew the catch weight was going to be an excuse against Mayweather.

Typical. Mayweather schooled Canelo easily, plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
                      Lmao.

I knew the catch weight was going to be an excuse against Mayweather.

Typical. Mayweather schooled Canelo easily, plain and simple.
                      Yeah he did. Floyd schooled a kid that hasn't graduated yet.

# school was still on session for a young 22 yo kid named Canelo.

Last edited by Spoon23; 05-12-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X