Last night was a farce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night was a farce

Take off the Rose tainted glasses for a minute

Lemeiux vs. Tapia. This may have been worse than the main event. You got Tapia who hasn't fought in a year and got stopped in his last fight. His first fight at middleweight, they throw him in with a puncher. Why didn't Stevens & Lemeiux fight and Tapia & Teixera fight? That would've made more sense.

The second fight. A glass jaw WW who's been stopped twice by smaller and lesser fighters that Canelo. Oh yea, he's also coming off a one year layoff. Oscar picked the WW with who hasn't fought a top WW since he entered the division. And also hasn't stopped a WW. He didn't look giid against Algieri and a case can be made that that fight was a draw. Why didn't Oscar pick a JMW since Canelo isn't really a MW (BS!)

I've never been a Khan fan & I've taken Canelo's side over GGG's. I've said GGG should drop to 155 and fight him. After seeing Khan laid out like that, **** CANELO. That **** wasn't no better than Garcia-Salka. EVERYBODY PICKED CANELO TO WIN BY KO BECAUSE OF KHAN'S CHIN! So why wasn't this fight treated like Garcia-Salka? We all started off criticizing this fight because we knew Khan would get KO'd. What happened? Why did this fight gain legitimacy? What happened last night was exactly what we all said when the fight was announced.

GGG might be fighting bums but at least they're full MW bums. I'm with team GGG now, 160 or nothing. Let Canelo keep hiding at 155. Who else is he gonna fight next? Canelo needs GGG now as bad as GGG needs Khan. The MW division ain't good. He ain't going nowhere near a top 5 JMW. Any top 5 JMW will beat him. So it's Pacquiao? Yea OK. Check the ratings for a MW who hasn't fought since September and who can make 157, because Canelo gotta get acclimated to the MW division before fighting GGG. If grind acclimated is do important why did they pick a guy who wasn't acclimated to the division last night?

I'm team GGG now, 160 or give him his belt, and I hope he knocks Canelo head off.
    Last edited by about.thousands; 05-08-2016, 02:57 PM.

Stevens - Texeira was a nice beatdown of a fight. And what did you expect from Lemieux? It was a decent fight to keep the hands loose after a pretty brutal asswhoopin of a loss. Even the main card was more competitive than I expected it to be. Sure, Khan had no business in there. But for a few rounds, he convinced us that he did. Lol

Comment

Texeira vs Stevens was viewed going into the fight as a good match-up wasn't it? It didn't play out that way but I remember some people saying it could be the Fight of the night.

Tapia usually is a game fighter and entertaining, but yeah it was essentially a bounce back fight for Lemieux against a guy to make him look good.

Khan delivered exactly what Golden Boy expected, brief flashes of his talent before his glass chin shattered providing Canelo with the spectacular KO they wanted him to get. We all knew it was a joke of a fight the moment it was announced. Now it's time for Canelo to fight the big dog of the division.

Comment

That's the Oscar/Canelo game: only fight guys that can't hurt you. Little tiny guys.

People who actually think Canelo will fight GGG are insane.

Canelo will demand a weight drain. I don't care what anyone said last night. He is a liar.

Comment

Lemieux was stopped in his last fight too...

Comment

i remember comparing this fight to garcia/salka when it was first announced and people said they were different. that salka wasn't on khan's level and that might be right but to me the fight it self was on the same level. a weak chinned guy that not even succeed at ww moves up to mw to fight a bigger more powerful man, nothing wrong can happen

Comment

Your salt showed as soon as you said any top 5 jr mw...

Cotto is the likely the best 154 pounder and that fight with Canelo wasn't even close. Let it go. For all you want to hate, Canelo is likely the second best MW as well and the only one with any type of shot vs GGG. He'd rule 54 like a god right now...theyd look like GGG fights...actually they have been looking that way with even more violent KOs

Khan was offered 54 but he agreed on 55 cuz of the title. :/

Canelo is 25! He has no problems making weight. He's the star of the sport. He's not hitting full 160 any time soon. He's looked relaxed and ok at the weigh ins..he used to look worse but they apparently changed their approach and have been fine. He hasnt been gassing as much as before, etc
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-08-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I'm of the firm belief that no fighter should ever be expected to fight in a weight class that doesn't even fkn exist. GGG doesn't have to, and shouldn't have to, do a damn thing until Canelo fights in an actual division.

If GGG entertains the idea, it's just pandering to one of the million reasons why boxing is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                  Take off the Rose tainted glasses for a minute

Lemeiux vs. Tapia. This may have been worse than the main event. You got Tapia who hasn't fought in a year and got stopped in his last fight. His first fight at middleweight, they throw him in with a puncher. Why didn't Stevens & Lemeiux fight and Tapia & Teixera fight? That would've made more sense.

The second fight. A glass jaw WW who's been stopped twice by smaller and lesser fighters that Canelo. Oh yea, he's also coming off a one year layoff. Oscar picked the WW with who hasn't fought a top WW since he entered the division. And also hasn't stopped a WW. He didn't look giid against Algieri and a case can be made that that fight was a draw. Why didn't Oscar pick a JMW since Canelo isn't really a MW (BS!)

I've never been a Khan fan & I've taken Canelo's side over GGG's. I've said GGG should drop to 155 and fight him. After seeing Khan laid out like that, **** CANELO. That **** wasn't no better than Garcia-Salka. EVERYBODY PICKED CANELO TO WIN BY KO BECAUSE OF KHAN'S CHIN! So why wasn't this fight treated like Garcia-Salka? We all started off criticizing this fight because we knew Khan would get KO'd. What happened? Why did this fight gain legitimacy? What happened last night was exactly what we all said when the fight was announced.

GGG might be fighting bums but at least they're full MW bums. I'm with team GGG now, 160 or nothing. Let Canelo keep hiding at 155. Who else is he gonna fight next? Canelo needs GGG now as bad as GGG needs Khan. The MW division ain't good. He ain't going nowhere near a top 5 JMW. Any top 5 JMW will beat him. So it's Pacquiao? Yea OK. Check the ratings for a MW who hasn't fought since September and who can make 157, because Canelo gotta get acclimated to the MW division before fighting GGG. If grind acclimated is do important why did they pick a guy who wasn't acclimated to the division last night?

I'm team GGG now, 160 or give him his belt, and I hope he knocks Canelo head off.
                  Lets not forget they put a light hitting. 35Yo140lber against a WW that weighs about 190lbs outside of training camp and fight them at WW. I lost what lil respect i had for gbp last night. Herrera has had such hard luck in his career & they just basically fed him to the wolves for 1 last payday. Hes still my boy & the true lineal jr ww champ...

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
                    Lemieux was stopped in his last fight too...
                    Was it Lemieux's first fight at MW his last fight? No. Only Canelo gets a pass to get acclimated at a weight he's been FIGHTING AT FOR FOR TWO YEARS!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X