Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo: "160 is not a problem FOR ME"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo's going to be so much stronger at 160.

He'll probably enter the ring weighing 180 pounds.

Comment

Ok if true atleast hes finally stepping up. He still had no business fighting khan and fighting at 155 in the first place.

Comment

For Canelo is not a problem, he is a real boxer, but his managers fear losing their hen of golden eggs

Comment

He actually said it ...

Well, right out of the horses mouth....
          I'm glad this footage exists.....

If this statement is genuinely sincere, then we should know soon enough..
          The hype train will be enormous and should start rolling immediately....

This fight is the biggest in boxing and it's promotion should be a walk in the park..... The fight sells itself, it's what everyone wants and will pay to see... A truely epic payday for everyone involved...

I just can't help but think that when Canelo steps into that ring with GGG, he will have almost the exact same look in his eyes that Michael Spinks did when he stepped into the ring with Mike Tyson....
          Last edited by MindGame; 05-08-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

We all know he can make 160. The question is does it make sense to do it for a GGG fight? Canelo has the leverage and will use it. If GGG wants 160 he will have to concede on the money split or other factors.
            For where GGG is a 70-30 split and 155 is a fair offer for him. Golden Boy won't give up that weight easily though.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              We all know he can make 160. The question is does it make sense to do it for a GGG fight? Canelo has the leverage and will use it. If GGG wants 160 he will have to concede on the money split or other factors.
              For where GGG is a 70-30 split and 155 is a fair offer for him. Golden Boy won't give up that weight easily though.
              The boxing public wants to see the best Golovkin Vs the best Canelo. Fighting at "160" isn't damaging to Canelo, he'll be at 100% capacity (as will GGG). So by demanding a lower weight than that, Golden Boy are simply saying "we don't think our man can beat the best Golovkin".

We'll see what happens, but i still see them trying to weaken Golovkin. Which means a less "true" fight for the fans, and a less legitimate win if Canelo were lucky enough to get one.

Comment

maybe he had trouble making 155 and the gig is up

that's a rather sudden change of tone

Comment

Don't get it twisted fellas. He said his team will send GGG an offer with an unspecified weight limit. He did not say it will be at 160.

He then went on to say that to HIM the weight is not an issue however he has a team that advises him and they may dictate the weight limit to GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
                    maybe he had trouble making 155 and the gig is up

that's a rather sudden change of tone
                    I thought so too. He said a few days ago he wont fight at 160.

Either that or because too many people are saying not fighting for a MW title at 160 is a joke, then they're going to use another angle to avoid the fight. I've always felt that even if a weight issue got resolved, Golden Boy would find another reason not to fight. Maybe offer a ridiculous split. And it's alright saying "GGG should accept 10% if he's confident of winning" - well it doesn't work like that when there's many people on the payroll who want paying, managers and promoters taking their splits etc etc.

I'm sure many boxers would take little money at times for a big opportunity but it's not that simple. There's many contracts involved with others affiliated with fighters that need to be honored, its not just about getting in and fighting. But a lot of people on here don't understand the concept of business and legalities and expect fighters to jump in the ring for 5% of a purse sometimes.

I'd expect GBP will offer something like a 90-85/10-15% split in favour of Canelo. But Canelo doesn't generate that much money to the point where 10-15% is a lot. Then when it becomes not viable to accept such a low percentage, they will spin it that GGG rejected the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                      This fight is happening next. GGG about to become a STAR.
                      Or GGG will get exposed and Canelo will become a MEGAstar.

Comment

Working...
                      X