Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan grabbed his balls and stepped up...why can't ggg?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
    Obviously you are.

1) Ward was only 1 weight class above when the fight was offered.

2) khan just jumped two weight classes (technically) but ggg can't?

3) it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that ggg demolishes anybody at 160

Can you agree that these are all true statements?

I'm not blind to who ggg is and what he can do. Hell, I don't even think anybody at 168 could beat him. His toughest tests at 175 would be kova, Ward and Stevenson. But let's dominate the worst division in boxing right now (IMO).

Face it, ggg is in a very very safe place right now, but only in his Mind. Because until he steps up he will not be a star or great. Tbh he's doing himself a disservice. I'd say ggg is cashing out with Canelo because that will be the biggest fight he will ever get.
    Here's the thing. You're calling out GGG for not fighting someone naturally two weight classes larger than him but not calling out Canelo for not fighting someone HIS OWN SIZE. Why?

Comment

Coz GGG has a long future. Khan is cashing in that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
        Here's the thing. You're calling out GGG for not fighting someone naturally two weight classes larger than him but not calling out Canelo for not fighting someone HIS OWN SIZE. Why?
        You could split hairs if you want. Currently Ward is two, there was a time he was only one though, right? And that's when the fight was offered.

To answer your question though; because khan just did it (did you read the thread title)

And when this fight gets made for September it will show Canelo has big balls too. Where's ggg's balls? Probably in Abels purse

Honest question. what odds do you give Canelo to beat ggg?

Comment

What's your odds on Canelo beating ggg?
          Depends when they fight

I suspect that GBP will put it off for a year or more and as GGG isnt young, the odds will favour Canelo eventually.

Today, I'd back GGG, Saunders and Jacobs to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            Depends when they fight

I suspect that GBP will put it off for a year or more and as GGG isnt young, the odds will favour Canelo eventually.

Today, I'd back GGG, Saunders and Jacobs to beat him
            Obviously I'm no promoter but this fight is going down in September because of the stunt they pulled tonight jumping in the ring.

Comment

Seems to be a huge double standard here. I fully believe that Canelo will now be fighting ggg in September. So he's stepping up. This is the blueprint to be recognized as a "great" fighter IMO. Not running up in the ring after a fight and standing there until everybody is gone like weirdos.

Seriously, what's up with this dude,

is he content with mediocrity?

Beating Canelo won't make him a star or great. In fact Canelo would probably get more props from his haters for taking the fight.
              Uh, because GGG holds middleweight belts and Canelo holds a middleweight belt. Why are you so afraid that these two fight each other? Two guys holding belts from the same division in a fight that would be huge for the sport. What's the mystery in that? There's no other fighter that GGG or Canelo can fight that would be as financially lucrative or as interesting for the division. In fact it's one of the most in demand fights in the whole sport of boxing. How the hell can some of you people not understand that ?

Comment

Taking risky fights = cashing out now you towel boys are something else...

Comment

You could split hairs if you want. Currently Ward is two, there was a time he was only one though, right? And that's when the fight was offered.

To answer your question though; because khan just did it (did you read the thread title)

And when this fight gets made for September it will show Canelo has big balls too. Where's ggg's balls? Probably in Abels purse

Honest question. what odds do you give Canelo to beat ggg?
                  So Canelo fighting someone his own size (GGG) shows big balls but GGG wanting to fight Canelo at their natural weight shows he's a coward? Come on, you're smarter than this.

I have it about 65:35 in favor of GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                    Uh, because GGG holds middleweight belts and Canelo holds a middleweight belt. Why are you so afraid that these two fight each other? Two guys holding belts from the same division in a fight that would be huge for the sport. What's the mystery in that? There's no other fighter that GGG or Canelo can fight that would be as financially lucrative or as interesting for the division. In fact it's one of the most in demand fights in the whole sport of boxing. How the hell can some of you people not understand that ?
                    Actually it's a quite clear mismatch. Somehow it don't register to you that ggg has already beaten everybody by proxy. He's done at MW. I mean, that's unless he's waiting around for Canelo to "cash out" right? Or is getting ko'd a part of cashing out now? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                      So Canelo fighting someone his own size (GGG) shows big balls but GGG wanting to fight Canelo at their natural weight shows he's a coward? Come on, you're smarter than this.

I have it about 65:35 in favor of GGG.
                      Give me a break. I'm a Canelo fan and I'd be suprized if he made it past 9 rounds. That's what balls are.

Comment

Working...
                      X