Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why couldn't Canelo KO Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto isn't old, nor is he "way" past his prime. Canelo couldn't do it because Cotto knows how to survive, get really low and roll punches, especially against Canelo's style who isn't that aggressive to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      lol. ''fights'' as in plural? this is Nelo's 2nd title bout at 155. Fighting Cotto has what to do with ''avoiding'' Lil'G? Alvarez wasn't even a Middleweight until he won the Lineal. Khan needs a 155 catch as well. The first voluntary defense is entitled to the new champ. Criticize a mandatory defense if it doesn'T happen and how Loeffler reacts and makes a statement about it. You make it sound like Alvarez has held 160 hostage for 2 years...
      Alvarez is a MW since the Angulo fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        But his fans defend it.

Pac and Marg stopped him. Floyd was close

But string young Canelo couldn't
        Uh pac kinda drained him a bit and I'm sure margs had blocks wrapped in his hands

I can't believe I'm still responding to this bait thread

Comment

• In order to do that you must apply intense heavy pressure. Margarito and pacquiao did that and had cotto running back. Cotto basically starts,fights by imposing his will on you, if he cannot bully you early and you withstand his power, and push him back a bit he gets on his bike. If you push him hard enough he will tire from being in his bike and than you can start breaking him down.

Comment

• Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
            Uh pac kinda drained him a bit and I'm sure margs had blocks wrapped in his hands

I can't believe I'm still responding to this bait thread
            Pac didnt drain him, cotto was moving like a young man early and was throwing heavy at pac, canelo was drained against floyd and oscar drained himself against pac, those guys were dead on fight night, cotto wasnt. Stop with that bs already its nothing but floyd fan boy hate, you cant use that any more when floyd drain bug ass canelo by digging up an old article on boxing scene to justify the catchweigh and exposing his propganda by stating that he only fights fighters healthy not catchweights, then goes to drain canelo. Please stop, you cant discredit manny any more its getting to the point that you might have been raised by either a gay male or catty diva females with that feminist logic of entitlement while hating attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Pac didnt drain him, cotto was moving like a young man early and was throwing heavy at pac, canelo was drained against floyd and oscar drained himself against pac, those guys were dead on fight night, cotto wasnt. Stop with that bs already its nothing but floyd fan boy hate, you cant use that any more when floyd drain bug ass canelo by digging up an old article on boxing scene to justify the catchweigh and exposing his propganda by stating that he only fights fighters healthy not catchweights, then goes to drain canelo. Please stop, you cant discredit manny any more its getting to the point that you might have been raised by either a gay male or catty diva females with that feminist logic of entitlement while hating attitude.
              Bro chill I got no beef with manny, dude is a great fighter.

It wasn't meant to discredit the guy, but cotto has stated he felt weak due to the catch weight. Maybe that came into play.

Comment

• Because of Canelo's lack of skills. He couldn't beat an old man convincingly who had done nothing for years, besides easily losing to Trout and beating an old handicapped Martinez.

Comment

• Here's why...

Here is why. Cotto is an improved fighter under Freddie Roach. His level of toughness is back, his killer instinct, and his level of fitness. He is also an A Level fighter. A good defender. He is different now.He was not going to be KO'ed that night. Period. I believe this Cotto would beat Floyd in a rematch. No doubt. On top of all of this, Canelo carried him a bit too. Canelo has always been a fan of Cotto's. He grew up watching his fights and admiring him. Did you that? I believe that he could've Ko'ed him. Now, after all of the trash Cotto talked after the fight, Canelo was pissed. If they fight again, Canelo will stop him.

Comment

• Lmao@he didn't feel like knocking him out.

Canelo fans are demented. Demarcus Corley rocked cotto with one punch and had him in big trouble. Zab udah hurt him badly as well. Floyd rocked him. None of those guys were pressing for it but their punches hurt him. None of canelo's did. He's an average puncher.
                    Last edited by El-blanco; 05-06-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      You are entitled to your opinion but you are wrong. You are basing this on the fact that he didn't KO Cotto instead of using your eyes to see the speed and leverage Canelo puts on his punches. He is clearly a hard puncher and he hurt Cotto several times. He damn near took Kirkland's head off and left him out cold. I wonder if Kirkland knows he was KOed by a guy who couldn't punch. Even great punchers don't knock everybody out. GGG is the hardest puncher in the sport of boxing pound for pound but 3 guys you never heard of went the distance with him. No fighter knocks everybody out. I am sure Canelo will flatten Khan. If he fails to do so that would add validity to your opinion that he is not a big puncher. My money is on a KO win for hard puncher Canelo.
                      He was 10 years younger and 20 lbs heavier. Cotto looked like he was a full 1-2 weight classes below Canelo on fight night and he couldn't put a dent into Cotto. He didn't even drop him. So there's really no excuses especially considering one guy is in his prime and the other has been through wars.

Canelo just isn't spectacular. He's pretty decent in a lot of areas but not exceptional in any area.

It's Khan's fight to win if he stays disciplined.

Comment

Working...
                      X