Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing from home country has eluded Amir Khan

A great read:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...g-british-fans

I get the impression that a lot of the new British fans simply want to back winners, which is a sad contrast to the history of British boxing and it's fans. They'll fall all over themselves to see "Haye Day" or Brook vs Nobody or Joshua vs Bum matches but won't back Khan in the most challenging and highest profile fight of his career.
    Yea, he's going to get himself hurt, but this kind of fight is what separates the true fans from the bandwagon jumpers.

Comment

You can't leave your country, lose a couple big fights outside your country, do nothing for a few more years mostly outside of your country & expect people to act like nothing happened when your next big fight comes up outside of your country. I'm sure there are still many UK fans supremely interested in this fight, but you can't expect people to act like its 2009.

Comment

Khan had huge support in Britain to begin, even after getting flattened in 30 seconds by Prescott.

Then he basically left Britain, has fought here once in the last 5 years, lost another few fights and routinely makes some of the most absurd comments in boxing.

The most popular fighters in Britain fight in Britain regularly.

Comment

I think is the ethnicity.

English see Khan as a pakistani I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I get the impression that a lot of the new British fans simply want to back winners, which is a sad contrast to the history of British boxing and it's fans. They'll fall all over themselves to see "Haye Day" or Brook vs Nobody or Joshua vs Bum matches but won't back Khan in the most challenging and highest profile fight of his career.
            Yea, he's going to get himself hurt, but this kind of fight is what separates the true fans from the bandwagon jumpers.
            The country was fully behind him to begin with. I believe the tide turned when he made some outrageous claims about him not being a bigger star due to racism.

Comment

Who needs em?

He's built his career in America (where it matters), and made his name in the most competitive country for professional boxing. He's set to make $13M against Canelo. That's what you call putting in work.

Comment

Khan and Fury, delusional, arrogant and in different ways clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Khan and Fury, delusional, arrogant and in different ways clowns.
                  Khan isn't anywhere near the same level of idiot that Fury is, reporters ask Khan a question he gives his opinion and the whole of Boxingscene erupts having a go at him for giving HIS OPINION!

Now the difference with Fury is he talks about things at his own leisure about ****sexuals about women and so on he does this without any question needed to be given.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                    Khan isn't anywhere near the same level of idiot that Fury is, reporters ask Khan a question he gives his opinion and the whole of Boxingscene erupts having a go at him for giving HIS OPINION!

Now the difference with Fury is he talks about things at his own leisure about ****sexuals about women and so on he does this without any question needed to be given.
                    His opinion is usually absurd and delusional. Khan's a ****ing joke, at least with Fury you sense that some of the stuff he says he's joking, Khan is dead serious with what he says.

Comment

Working...
                    X