Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sick and tired of posters not financially supporting their fighters.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
    I buy my favorite fighters ppv and merchandise and go see fights. But some fights deserve to be streamed like Canelo khan and pacquiao bradley 3. I am tired of hbo and it's ppv ****. Next crawford and postol? Good fight but seriously we can go be at the fights for 50 dollars more lol
    Why risk things with a **** stream, when you could head out, pay the cover at a bar/restaurant, and enjoy the fight with no risk of issues with the fight? Heck, Golden Boy is continuing forward with the closed circuit theatre airings (pretty sure that, for the price of $20 and whatever you want to pick up to snack on, you can enjoy the fight that way).

Not sure what things are like where you are, but I'm catching the fight this weekend for the cost of $20 +drinks.

For a person who is trying to claim that they do actually purchase content, $40 for a fight that you seem to have every intent to watch, shouldn't be all that steep a climb.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Why risk things with a **** stream, when you could head out, pay the cover at a bar/restaurant, and enjoy the fight with no risk of issues with the fight? Heck, Golden Boy is continuing forward with the closed circuit theatre airings (pretty sure that, for the price of $20 and whatever you want to pick up to snack on, you can enjoy the fight that way).

Not sure what things are like where you are, but I'm catching the fight this weekend for the cost of $20 +drinks.

For a person who is trying to claim that they do actually purchase content, $40 for a fight that you seem to have every intent to watch, shouldn't be all that steep a climb.
      That's what I'm saying. Nowadays with friends rocking 4K sets and huge screens when a group of people are invited the PPV is more than justified. Some buys the food, I can bring a 24 pack and perhaps some hard liquor. Never understood how people complain about PPV prices.. In my generation you go out or go to households to watch it, or you host it yourself. Worst case scenario if you're an avid fan and you have a badass set you buy it 3 times vs Wade like someone else did.

Comment

why would you buy any ppv 3 times? don't you know you can record video?last ppv i bought was pac vs mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
          if you goto target and buy 3 things it's like 150 dollars. How is that super rich?

And im not bragging. But I got some nasty private messages because I buy GGG PPV's. Boxing fans are truly truly the scum of the earth.

I try to be fair but firm. you people suck.
          When you buy 3 things at a store you get 3 things, you're just wasting money buying 3 PPV's. Only super rich or super dumb people would give millionaires $100 for nothing.

Comment

A- troll thread. I love the addition of you implying some fighters have accepted your paypal donation after you have asked for their info. That really should be a thing doe & I suspect it will be at some point when boxers get wise on monetizing themselves better on the internet.

Comment

I seriously doubt that you're receiving "nasty private messages" just because you bought his PPV 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                A- troll thread. I love the addition of you implying some fighters have accepted your paypal donation after you have asked for their info. That really should be a thing doe & I suspect it will be at some point when boxers get wise on monetizing themselves better on the internet.
                Boxers do be accepting $5 donations doe..

It is a troll thread and a patronizing one as if the influence or persuasion for NSB poster acknowledgement would work...

HOWEVER, I do side work in the video game industry and there are ridiculous cases where kids and adults buy items at ridiculous prices. We're talking about 5K + expenses which the ''victims'' are obligated to pay the game companies show no sympathy.

So perhaps this 3 PPV buys is conservative

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  That's what I'm saying. Nowadays with friends rocking 4K sets and huge screens when a group of people are invited the PPV is more than justified. Some buys the food, I can bring a 24 pack and perhaps some hard liquor. Never understood how people complain about PPV prices.. In my generation you go out or go to households to watch it, or you host it yourself. Worst case scenario if you're an avid fan and you have a badass set you buy it 3 times vs Wade like someone else did.
                  lol.

I'm starting to get the impression that a lot of folks on this site are literally watching fight cards, at home, by themselves, which is nuts to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X