No announcement yet.

Lara Vs. Canelo WHO WON?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara Vs. Canelo WHO WON?

This has probably already been discussed a ****load but to settle the score vote in the poll and explain who you think won and why. Personally i think lara beat canelo in a close ass fight and even if you had canelo winning no way was it 117-111.
    Lara
    40.30%
    Canelo
    59.70%

I had it a draw and I was being generous to Canelo because I couldn't stand watching Lara run a marathon in that fight.

I think realistically it was 7-5 Lara.

I'm also glad Canelo got the W, regardless of if he deserved it. Fighters like Lara ruin the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      I had it a draw and I was being generous to Canelo because I couldn't stand watching Lara run a marathon in that fight.

I think realistically it was 7-5 Lara.

I'm also glad Canelo got the W, regardless of if he deserved it. Fighters like Lara ruin the sport of boxing.
      I think most ppl say canelo won just becuase he was trying to be the aggressor and they dont like lara's "running" style.

Comment

i scored it 7-5 lara. i know many in the media scored it for lara as well.

Comment

Canelo won because too many rounds where nothing happened...were because Lara flat out ran all night long. So when you have fights with such low output and it's really to blame because one guy is running from a fight you lose rounds. Most of the rounds had frigging single digit punches landed and Canelo was the one landing the harder power shots. Canelo coming forward landing harder shots and also busted up Lara's eye. Lara was already running but once he saw the blood from his eye he took running to another level. If you going to win with the style Lara was fighting you had better double up your opponent in punches landed. He needed to sit down and trade in spots instead he just ran and the few punches he landed were mostly slap punches and jabs because he was always backing up refusing to sit down on anything because he was afraid of getting knocked out by Canelo. Not enough to win a fight doing that. When the output numbers are so low for both fighters one big shot here and there is enough to win the round and that's what Canelo did.

Comment

7-5 Lara

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
              i scored it 7-5 lara. i know many in the media scored it for lara as well.
              Most of the media had it for Canelo, some had it a draw and much fewer had it for Lara. But all were in disgust for the way Lara chose to fight that was unanimous. LOL

Comment

I had it 7-5 Lara. But it could have been 7-5 Canelo or a draw.

Comment

7-5 canelo, really close fight...

Comment

For Canelo Alvarez:

Doug Fischer, ******.com.

Alvarez, 115-113.

Norm Frauenheim, THE RING magazine, www.15rounds.com

Alvarez, 116-114

Jeffrey Freeman, www.KODigest.TV

Alvarez, 115-113

Close fight but the right man won it. Lara was more on his bicycle than demonstrating quality ring generalship.

Tom Gray, ******.com

Alvarez, 116-113

Andreas Hale, KnockoutNation.com

Alvarez, 115-113

The fight was right there for Lara to take, but those offensive lapses torpedoed his chances with the judges.

Diego Morilla, XN Sports

Alvarez, 115-113

Kenny Porter, trainer of IBF welterweight titleholder Shawn Porter

Alvarez, 116-112

I was there and I was caught in the emotion of the event and the crowd. Not the best way to score a fight, but this is how I felt. 8-4 Canelo.

Abel Sanchez, trainer of WBA 160-pound titleholder Gennady Golovkin

Alvarez, 115-113

I thought Lara gave the fight away. He could have out-boxed Canelo easily, but chose to use “that” Cuban style the American public dislikes. Also, Canelo did not appear to have much on his punches, slapped his body shots, but he still won a VERY close one.

Anson Wainwright, ******.com

Alvarez over Lara, 115-113.

For Erislandy Lara:

Corey Erdman, ******.com

Lara, 115-113

Steve Farhood, Showtime

Lara, 115-113

Lem Satterfield, ******.com

Lara, 115-113

Steve Stubbs, guest/fan, Germantown, Md.

Lara, 115-113

I gave 1,2,3,5,6,10 and 11 to Lara. 115-113, Lara

Bob Velin, USA Today

Lara, 115-113

Even/Draw:

Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com

114-114

Lara: 1, 2 (close), 3, 5 (close), 10, 11 (close); Canelo: 4, 6, 7 (close), 8, 9, 12

Lee Groves, ******.com

114-114

Keith Idec, The Record/BoxingScene.com

114-114

Ryan Maquinana, CSNBAYAREA/BoxingScene.com

114-114

John J. Raspanti, Doghouseboxing.com/KO Monthly Magazine/examiner.com

114-114

Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com

114-114

Michael Rosenthal, THE RING Magazine

114-114

Franciso Salazar, ******.com

114-114

Comment

Working...
                    X