Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin... Why Counter Game and Defensive Shells Don't Work against him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotTheFace View Post
    This is why 1 side is making every excuse in the book.
    such as I won't fight you at 155 but claim I can make 154

gennady doesn't want glory nor money.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      More importantly Saul Alvarez is too defensively cute for gennady.

gennady will miss at range before they get into close quarters where he gets eaten alive.

It's the reason gennady was determined to avoid Ward. With Saul Alvarez gennady grows a pair of balls believing size can overcome the style disadvantage.

what's funny is Canelo's defense relies on pivoting and movement while he's slow L M A O

which is the point of this thread. That does not work against GGG.

What if Canelo weaves on a probe? or leans back on a probe? as the power punch comes through.....

good night sweet prince.

The only defense that works against GGG is a high guard like Murray used. who was abused to the body.
      Last edited by NotTheFace; 05-03-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

such as I won't fight you at 155 but claim I can make 154

gennady doesn't want glory nor money.

which fight is for the MW title?

what is logic?

Comment

let me tell you what happens if canelo grows some balls and decides to fight ggg.1st he'll try to box him,but ggg cuts off the ring and lands bombs on him.when canelo sees that he can't run from him,he'll start to trade with him and when he gets knocked the **** out

Comment

Alvarez beats gennady up when they fight

It'll be his coming out party like Toney-Barkley
            Dude, the fight won't be on Nintendo.

For what it is worth, Golovkin reminds me a bit of JCC SR.

Comment

Originally posted by jup11223 View Post
              let me tell you what happens if canelo grows some balls and decides to fight ggg.1st he'll try to box him,but ggg cuts off the ring and lands bombs on him.when canelo sees that he can't run from him,he'll start to trade with him and when he gets knocked the **** out
              I honestly think Canelo gets blown out early when he leans on a probe.

Canelo's defense is more flash than effective because he doesn't have the black man slickness he tries so hard to emulate.

he's herky jerky with his ginger hair flopping all over the place looking like a dam fool.

Comment

Lol lil G should grow some, even chinless Khan is willing to fight Nelo at 155

Comment

Originally posted by NotTheFace View Post
                  i'm a bookmaker that's been lurking on these forums for a bit. but i don't understand why the boxing enthusiasts have such poor comprehension of the sport.

i'll go over a couple of reasons why you can't really counter GGG. nor would the shoulder roll, any rhythm based defensive maneuver work against GGG.

GGG has a probing offense. as Gabe Rosado and Max Kellerman said... touch touch BOOM. Gabe said he felt him just tensing up as GGG touches him because he doesn't know which punch is going to be the bomb. literally froze him.

Basically if you think Canelo or whoever will counter a jab or whatever by GGG, you have to basically run the risk of it being a probe and get blown out.

Same with a rhythm based philly shell or whatever, you weave on a probe right into a bomb.

just wanted to share some thoughts on this.

GGG has the highest compliment in the sport being the most ducked fighter in MW history. basically fighters and trainers alike don't want to risk fighting him even tho GGG is the draw. think about it. you can skip a fighter like Lara because he brings nothing to the table. but Kid and Danny and BJS skipping GGG is completely out of fear because GGG is the draw.
                  1) You're a bookie, therefore I got to know, because is about money... Casuals don't have to know anything.

2) The guy was and is ducked big time -- but they talk about him anytime they have to fight a can...

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                    Dude, the fight won't be on Nintendo.

For what it is worth, Golovkin reminds me a bit of JCC SR.
                    Which makes him perfect for Alvarez.

He'll be moving into Alvarez counter shots at range before getting killed on the inside.

JCC Sr was a legendary infighter. gennady is mediocre inside.

Comment

Which makes him perfect for Alvarez.

He'll be moving into Alvarez counter shots at range before getting killed on the inside.

JCC Sr was a legendary infighter. gennady is mediocre inside.

\The thing is that GGG is superior to JCC in terms of power and offensive selection.

he has every KO punch in the book with either hand that is combined with a probing offense. he might be the greatest offensive fighter i've seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X