Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the **** did Gerald McClellan go to war with Nigel Benn....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
    Commentators get a lof of things wrong. Since you don't believe me just ask yourself if you really deserve 20 damn seconds if you get knocked on the edge of the canvas behind the ropes, because it's easy to get back in as we saw even a crippled Benn do(he said the left hook to the body before the last right hand that knocked him through the ropes almost ended him).

Whereas if you fall outside the ring on the ground(that's why the rules say "knocked outside of the ring" not "knocked outside of the ropes") you can't climb in without help because of the boxing gloves so you need the time to walk to the outer corner of the ring on to the stairs up to the canvas, and then finally walk through the ropes.
    I understand your reasoning but your final conclusion I believe is wrong.

I could be mistaken but I'm positive that outside of the ropes is outside of the ring.

I took and passed my referees test with the Association of Boxing Commissions (the ABC/Unified). I'll look for their rules that I was given. If I'm right or wrong I'll post up what they say happens in those circumstances........

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      Commentators get a lof of things wrong. Since you don't believe me just ask yourself if you really deserve 20 damn seconds if you get knocked on the edge of the canvas behind the ropes, because it's easy to get back in as we saw even a crippled Benn do(he said the left hook to the body before the last right hand that knocked him through the ropes almost ended him).

Whereas if you fall outside the ring on the ground(that's why the rules say "knocked outside of the ring" not "knocked outside of the ropes") you can't climb in without help because of the boxing gloves so you need the time to walk to the outer corner of the ring on to the stairs up to the canvas, and then finally walk through the ropes.
      Dude anything beyond the ropes is considered outside of the ring. This is not something that is subjective that you "ask yourself", it is what is stated as the rules of boxing. You even use the example "knocked outside of the ring". Note the word "outside".... as in the outside of an interior (the interior being between the ropes). If it meant what you think it means, it would state "knocked off of the ring". Get it now? Good lad.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
        Dude anything beyond the ropes is considered outside of the ring. This is not something that is subjective that you "ask yourself", it is what is stated as the rules of boxing. You even use the example "knocked outside of the ring". Note the word "outside".... as in the outside of an interior (the interior being between the ropes). If it meant what you think it means, it would state "knocked off of the ring". Get it now? Good lad.
        See you're the one bringing up terms that aren't stated in the rules, twat.

If a boxer is knocked out of the ring, he gets a count of 20 to get back in and on his feet. He cannot be assisted.
        See that? It doesn't say "knocked outside the interior" and it doesn't even say "knocked outside the ropes". It clearly states knocked out of the RING, the ring means the entire construction i.e. canvas, ropes etc. Benn was never at any point out of the ring.

Comment

You're an idiot... the word interior was brought up as an antonym to the word "outside". To have an outside, there must be an inside. One cannot exist without the other. Get it now? Good boy.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
            You're an idiot... the word interior was brought up as an antonym to the word "outside". To have an outside, there must be an inside. One cannot exist without the other. Get it now? Good boy.
            The rulebook doesn't say outside, it says 'out of'. So even if you're gonna be that desperate to nitpick words you still got nothing.

You pretty much ignored everything anyway but I'll keep repeating it: The rules don't say you get 20 seconds if you get knocked out of the ropes or interior. Only out of the ring, and go look up what a boxing ring means in the dictionary. It's the whole thing, arsewipe, not just ropes or single parts.

You sound to me like the type of goon who would try to get 20 seconds of recovery by letting yourself fall through the ropes when the heat is on, even though you could get back in easily before the count of 8 you'd have a picknick on the edge of the canvas there for 19 seconds

Comment

i blame the crooked referee who did not protect mcclellan from the constant illegal rabbit punching of nigel benn.

Comment

A house is the whole thing, the roof, the bricks, the everything.... are you considered inside the house if you are stood on the roof? No? How interesting. You can be stood on the outside of the ring (which is called the ring apron.... something you didn't know either until the previous poster informed you) but you are not considered in the ring, until you step between the ropes.
                Secondly "out of" is the same as outside "a. From within to the outside of" (Quote from online dictionary). You cannot be outside something if you cannot be inside it.

Comment

Association of Boxing Commisions rules....

9.1 - Boxer Knocked Through the Ropes and Unto the Ring Apron -
                  If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked through the ropes and unto the ring apron, but not completely out of the ring, the boxer will receive a (10) second count.

9.2 - Boxer Knocked Through the Ropes, unto the ring apron and then Falls Completely Out of the Ring -
                  If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked through the ropes and unto the ring apron and then during the count falls completely out of the ring and unto the floor the count shall change to a 20 count. In these cases there is a mandatory count of 18. A boxer who is knocked completely out of the ring may not be assisted by anyone.

9.3 - If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked completely out of the ring and unto the floor the boxer will receive a twenty (20) count. In these cases a mandatory count of 18 will be administered. A boxer who is knocked completely out of the ring may not be assisted by anyone.

I was mistaken and you were correct...........

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked through the ropes and unto the ring apron, but not completely out of the ring, the boxer will receive a (10) second count.

9.2 - Boxer Knocked Through the Ropes, unto the ring apron and then Falls Completely Out of the Ring -
                    If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked through the ropes and unto the ring apron and then during the count falls completely out of the ring and unto the floor the count shall change to a 20 count. In these cases there is a mandatory count of 18. A boxer who is knocked completely out of the ring may not be assisted by anyone.

9.3 - If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked completely out of the ring and unto the floor the boxer will receive a twenty (20) count. In these cases a mandatory count of 18 will be administered. A boxer who is knocked completely out of the ring may not be assisted by anyone.

As was I... fair enough. I still insist the ring apron is not considered 'inside the ring' and more 'on' the ring. But I guess I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

You're a man of honor for posting this(I doubt the other poster will have the same decency to acknowledge it)

I simply knew this because I've seen fights where this happened when an opponent fell through the ropes and he didn't get a 20 count. It's just not needed and it would be a loophole for people to exploit.

Comment

Working...
                      X