Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Crawford get to move up a weight class and fight 3 mediocre opponents while

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
    Lol ok I can see your one of them.
    'Them'?

I'm just being honest. People dismiss the alphabet titles as the trash they are until it's convenient.

Let's be real here. Malignaggi is a dogshit welterweight. Was he even top 20 when Danny fought him? And all Robert has ever done at 147 is beat Berto. Let's not act like these were big challenges.

Anyway the big difference between Danny and Crawford is options. Danny has lots of them. But as his father says they only want easy fights. What do you expect people to think about him?

Comment

People don't like Danny because of his controversial wins and the Salka fight.

Also facing Guerrero and Malignaggi at this point of their careers is nothing to write home about. It's just slightly better (at least on paper) than Crawford's opposition at 140.

Comment

Who's opposition has been better thus far at a new weight class Crawford or Garcia?
        You don't understand...Crawford has had limited options, limited opponents, limited budgets, etc. Garcia can literally pick any elite welterweight he wants, but instead opted for Paulie, the lightest puncher in the division.

Crawford will be fighting Postol now, which is a very good opponent. Nobody has praised Crawford's recent opponents.

Comment

Garcia and Crawford were 1-1 in the amateurs but danny sucks tho right?
          Somebody already answered the question for you: he has gotten some gift decisions in the past. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
            Somebody already answered the question for you: he has gotten some gift decisions in the past. Simple.
            Why hasn't that hurt Bradley in the past or Canelo now?

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
              You don't understand...Crawford has had limited options, limited opponents, limited budgets, etc. Garcia can literally pick any elite welterweight he wants, but instead opted for Paulie, the lightest puncher in the division.

Crawford will be fighting Postol now, which is a very good opponent. Nobody has praised Crawford's recent opponents.
              Outside of Thurman/Porter who are fighting in June who else can danny fight?

Comment

Getting P4P hype where as danny moves up to a new weight class and fights 2 former world champions and everyone hates him?
                double standards? Because most of the posters are North American?

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                  double standards? Because most of the posters are North American?
                  There is a double standard no doubt about it.

Comment

Getting P4P hype where as danny moves up to a new weight class and fights 2 former world champions and everyone hates him?
                    Honestly man, I like to troll sometimes on NSB to rile up GGG fans and Puerto Ricans (Im Mexican American so its just fun to do) but I do like PR boxers/boxing, I actually watch a lot of Miguel Cotto videos and take pointers from him with my training...

Anyways I just wanted to get that out of the way so I can make a SEMI-educated opinion on DSG (as a Crawford fan) 1st let me say, DSG is a very accomplished fighter and his resume and titles show just that. It also craps all over TC's when you put them next to each other. BUT here is why I think TC is being praised so much by myself and the p4p raters, if you watch TC un-biasly in the ring, he gives off the impression that there is something special about him. This could just be the ORA he gives off because we have yet to see him fight every style/size of opponent. But I think TC will be a puzzle for anyone. DSG on the other hand has looked mediocre against guys like Peterson (I had DSG winning that fight by 1rd) & Guerrero (I had DSG winning that fight by 1rd too) 2 totally different styles from guys that are not top 10 (imo) in their weight class. Basically TC has a lot more in his arsenal to present, DSG is a great counter puncher but thats all I see, TC on the other hand can do it all. And the fights DSG looked mediocre in, I think TC wouldve shined because of course styles make fights and again it looks like DSG has 1, while Crawford presents many. But yeah I do agree with you, DSG is way more accomplished and deserves more respect and paper wise for people to rank TC higher is kinda absurd BUT I think the boxing world will see when TC faces Postol that (skillwise) he is a FORCE to be wrecken with while DSG has shown he can be beat given the right style & opponent. I may be wrong with TC vs Postol because Postol is a beast in himself but I think if TC wins, especailly a BIG win (clear UD or TKO/KO) itll just prove that TC can take on all styles, shapes, and sizes...

Comment

Crawford's best win is Shortboa lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X