No announcement yet.

GGG fought at 4 weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG fought at 4 weight classes

According to his amateur records on boxrec.

So he has not really been in one weight class all his boxing career. Just pointing it out for those who do not know.

So we are counting amateur weight classes now? or does it only apply to GGG? Because its stupid all boxers were smaller as kids

Comment

Originally posted by Craveman View Post
      According to his amateur records on boxrec.

So he has not really been in one weight class all his boxing career. Just pointing it out for those who do not know.
      Well, every boxer does. They aren't the same size at age 12-35 lol.

You should have worded this differently - he turned pro later than most Americans do, so your argument should have been "at age 18 Golovkin was at 140, at 21 147" or whatever it was. But now you just made this thread backfire lol

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        So we are counting amateur weight classes now? or does it only apply to GGG? Because its stupid all boxers were smaller as kids
        GGG became Pro as 24 years old if I recall. If you turn Pro at 18 then of course you have two or there extra weight classes.

Comment

Floyd fought at 106 as a 16 year old and moved all the way to 154 to win a title.

RJJ fought at 119 as a 15 year old and went all the way to HW.

Manny fought at 105 as a 16 year old and moved all the way to 150 to win a title.

Guys naturally grow as they get older.

Comment

When I was born I weighed 160 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
              Floyd fought at 106 as a 16 year old and moved all the way to 154 to win a title.

RJJ fought at 119 as a 15 year old and went all the way to HW.

Manny fought at 105 as a 16 year old and moved all the way to 150 to win a title.

Guys naturally grow as they get older.
              Exactly..whats the point of this thread?

Comment

Canelo was 15 when he turned pro and fought men. When gg was getting outboxed by direll, canelo was dominating older men.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Well, every boxer does. They aren't the same size at age 12-35 lol.

You should have worded this differently - he turned pro later than most Americans do, so your argument should have been "at age 18 Golovkin was at 140, at 21 147" or whatever it was. But now you just made this thread backfire lol
                  Backfire in which way? I thought I found something interesting, not making an arguement.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                    Exactly..whats the point of this thread?
                    Just another thread on why gg is the greatest of all time

Comment

Working...
                    X