Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo fans, can you explain why he won't fight Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu
    View Post
    ... GGG made a step aside agreement as regarding the Cotto-Canelo fight...
    Is it public another step aside agreement as for the Khan fight? I didn't notice...

... and did he agreed on a step aside agreement that Canelo will fight him "some day"?..
    Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    They sure did

That's the reason all this "ducking" talk makes no sense. Neither Cotto nor Canelo ducked him. Well, Canelo hasn't yet. We'll see after the Khan fight. You can't be ducked if you're agreeing to step aside.
    Did you carefully read my post and your "answer" together? I mean really?...

Comment

I really don't think it's complicated. It's not just Golovkin anyway, its middleweight.

Quite simply, Canelo has never fought at the full 160, he's never fought an opponent who's at the full 160, even the title was won at 155....he and his team still say he can comfortably make 154, which looks the case given how easily he made 155 last time.

When Canelo decides it's time to move up, the 160 fights will take place.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        I really don't think it's complicated. It's not just Golovkin anyway, its middleweight.

Quite simply, Canelo has never fought at the full 160, he's never fought an opponent who's at the full 160, even the title was won at 155....he and his team still say he can comfortably make 154, which looks the case given how easily he made 155 last time.

When Canelo decides it's time to move up, the 160 fights will take place.
        ... Canelo is free to do whatever he wants to... as long as he doesn't take as hostages those belts at MW... I don't care what he does, but vacate those belts if you don't want to fight at 160 just yet... It's so simple...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... Canelo is free to do whatever he wants to... as long as he doesn't take as hostages those belts at MW... I don't care what he does, but vacate those belts if you don't want to fight at 160 just yet... It's so simple...
          As I've said since the Cotto fight, I wanted him to drop the belt immediately after the fight. He doesn't need it and he doesn't fight at middleweight.

At this point though, I fully believe that they are tired of Sanchez's constant garbage and they are keeping it for as long as possible purely out of spite.

Comment

Stop beating a dead horse with these same damn topics....

Comment

Nelo is supposedly the only man standing in GGG way of being 160 king? So hoiw can it be at 155?
              If nelo can only be competive at 155 against ggg you might as well put the crown on GGG now and proclaim him better than monzon!

Basically people call GGG a bum cos he hadsnt fought anyone, yet his only so called challenger wants it at 155? So really GGG has no challengers!
              Last edited by hugh grant; 04-30-2016, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                As I've said since the Cotto fight, I wanted him to drop the belt immediately after the fight. He doesn't need it and he doesn't fight at middleweight.

At this point though, I fully believe that they are tired of Sanchez's constant garbage and they are keeping it for as long as possible purely out of spite.
                I can't blame Sanchez too much -- he doesn't seem to be a "communications savvy person" at all... And GGG who can't express himself in English -- thus the whole shit...

Comment

The fight will happen.
                  Then people will move on to the next fighter who is "ducking" a big fight.

Comment

I think people get it twisted here. Canelo never said he will never fight GGG. He is good and possibly great fighter and deserves his shot.
                    But what won't happen is GGG will dictate any of the terms of the fight. Canelo earned his A side status by taking risks and giving up weight advantages and money to both Floyd and Cotto. Many others have done the same to get their first big payday.
                    GGG can get the fight if he does the same. The hold up is that Canelo doesn't need GGG. He will make big money no matter who he fights. GGG has no other PPV options other than Canelo. When you have leverage like that you use it.
                    I ask the OP, if GGG and his team are so confident that he is that much better than Canelo, why not take the fight at 155 and embarrass him at his own weight for a career payday? Amir Khan as the B side is making 3 times as much as GGG has made in any fight. GGG even getting a 70/30 split would cash out and get his biggest payday and exposure at age 34.
                    I think the fight happens in May of 2017. GGG will take another step aside fee after they announce all parties agree the fight will be bigger on Cinco de Drinko next year.
                    Last edited by QballLobo; 04-30-2016, 07:29 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

GGG don't need nelo. GGG is the lineal king once he beat bjs He is the man at 160. Nelo is the man at 155

Comment

Working...
                      X