Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why exactly is VADA going to allow Vargas to fight with a confirmed positive test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why exactly is VADA going to allow Vargas to fight with a confirmed positive test?

VADA, Golden Boy, CSAC and everyone involved in that mess in particular.

Why are they going to allow a fighter with steroids on his system to fight after having already been caught? I thought VADA was the most stringent random drug testing agency around? Is this not the case anymore?

I think that's what the 'V' stands for, "voluntary". You can still fight if you feel like it.

Jokes aside, no damned clue. Maybe they plan to process the 'B', before the fight? That's the only rational explanation I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I think that's what the 'V' stands for, "voluntary". You can still fight if you feel like it.

Jokes aside, no damned clue. Maybe they plan to process the 'B', before the fight? That's the only rational explanation I can think of.

But seriously it's gross negligence if they let him fight with steroids in his system, which he claims is from "tainted meat" consumed in Mexico. From the articles that came out today it almost sounded as though they're going to continue on with the fight even if the B sample is positive too.

Comment

Testing agencies don't really have the power to stop a fight regardless of a negative test.
        The only thing they are paid for is to do the testing and find anything that might be dodgy.

Comment

VADA tests fighters. They do not regulate the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
            VADA, Golden Boy, CSAC and everyone involved in that mess in particular.

Why are they going to allow a fighter with steroids on his system to fight after having already been caught? I thought VADA was the most stringent random drug testing agency around? Is this not the case anymore?
            During the Vargas vs Bradley HBO commentary, Lampley made it VERY clear to the public that VADA was as close as you can get to the clean sport.... Don'T know which round it was said, but it's there, guaranteed.

People need to realize what bullet points are presented for commentary, like that piece of paper in their hands...or that head-ear piece from the Producers in the talk room...

Comment

It's not VADA's decision. It's up to the CSAC & Golden Boy. Tarver passed the New Jersey athletic commission post fight drug test but failed the private testing company drug test. New Jersey recognized the failed test and suspended him. VADA is simply hired to conduct the tests and give the results. If the CSAC & GBP allow the fight to go forward VADA shouldn't work with them anymore because it tarnishes their reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Testing agencies don't really have the power to stop a fight regardless of a negative test.
                The only thing they are paid for is to do the testing and find anything that might be dodgy.
                Don't you just love helping the kids that lack commonsense.

Comment

As it has been said already, this is up to The California State Athletic Commission and Golden Boy.

VADA's job is done. They don't have the authority to prevent this fight from happening. Anti-Doping agencies conduct drug testing and the governing body for each sport enforces disciplinary rules if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    It's not VADA's decision. It's up to the CSAC & Golden Boy. Tarver passed the New Jersey athletic commission post fight drug test but failed the private testing company drug test. New Jersey recognized the failed test and suspended him. VADA is simply hired to conduct the tests and give the results. If the CSAC & GBP allow the fight to go forward VADA shouldn't work with them anymore because it tarnishes their reputation.
                    VADA doesn't really conduct the tests, they just plan it. They pick the random dates where fighters are tested, give the information (which fighter it is, where and when they can find him, additional contact information) to a company who will get the samples, get the paperwork to be able to match the anonymized results with the fighter and report the results to the camp, promoter and commission.

In Vargas' case it will be evaluated whether the clenbuterol might be from mexican meat. Depending on amount found in his sample the commission might let him fight. If I would be Vargas, I would move to the US asap to not risk another positive test if this is not PED case.

Comment

Working...
                    X