Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why exactly is VADA going to allow Vargas to fight with a confirmed positive test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that VADA is only a 3rd party drug testing agency, however it would look really bad if they don't convince the CSAC to stop the fight. They at the very least have that power.

Comment

Well, this is kinda interesting.

Comment

yeah and people were crapping on USADA for letting the Morales and Garcia fight proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
          VADA, Golden Boy, CSAC and everyone involved in that mess in particular.

Why are they going to allow a fighter with steroids on his system to fight after having already been caught? I thought VADA was the most stringent random drug testing agency around? Is this not the case anymore?
          Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I think that's what the 'V' stands for, "voluntary". You can still fight if you feel like it.

Jokes aside, no damned clue. Maybe they plan to process the 'B', before the fight? That's the only rational explanation I can think of.
          I believe VADA catches the dopers. Then if the athletic comission says the fight is still on or not I don't think it's in the scope of VADA.

The good news is... VADA once again caught a doper. Something that USADA... well.. you know.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            It's not VADA's decision.
            This

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              It's not VADA's decision. It's up to the CSAC & Golden Boy. Tarver passed the New Jersey athletic commission post fight drug test but failed the private testing company drug test. New Jersey recognized the failed test and suspended him. VADA is simply hired to conduct the tests and give the results. If the CSAC & GBP allow the fight to go forward VADA shouldn't work with them anymore because it tarnishes their reputation.
              This.

I think it's common sense. So why this thread? To attack VADA? some butthurt feelings regarding Floyd's choice of USADA instead of VADA? VADA has done something good, which is catching a doper. That's what VADA is paid for. So why are we trying to turn things in a different direction and acuse them when they actually did their job well, unless other anti doping agencies.....

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                yeah and people were crapping on USADA for letting the Morales and Garcia fight proceed.
                Because USADA kept testing Morales without informing the comission hoping he'd turn up clean in one but nope. NYSAC condemned USADA for it just like NSAC did more recently with their whole TUE policies.

No one is complaining about VADA except promoters who were mad that VADA informs the fighter and comission instead of them.

Comment

People need to learn how to read. There were traces of whatever substance Vargas tested positive for in Sample A. If his tainted meat story is true then Sample B will prove it. They're pretty much waiting on Sample B and if that comes back positive then the California Commision will cancel the fight. The s**t's not rocket science.

Either way the damage is done. Even if Vargas proves his innocence he'll be labeled a cheater the rest of his career like Orlando Salido was.

And on the other hand you got hood**** like Mickey Bey getting busted for having 35 times more than the normal testosterone levels and he's headlining a card against Rances Barthelemy soon and I don't ever see any mention of his shady past.

Same s**t with Andre Berto. Headliner coming up against Victor Ortiz tomorrow and there's not a word written about or talked about his shady past.

And these hood**** like to talk about institutional racism in boxing, .

I guess if you call a black cheater a cheater, it's racist. .

Comment

Originally posted by Brujeria View Post
                    People need to learn how to read. There were traces of whatever substance Vargas tested positive for in Sample A. If his tainted meat story is true then Sample B will prove it. They're pretty much waiting on Sample B and if that comes back positive then the California Commision will cancel the fight. The s**t's not rocket science.

Either way the damage is done. Even if Vargas proves his innocence he'll be labeled a cheater the rest of his career like Orlando Salido was.

And on the other hand you got hood**** like Mickey Bey getting busted for having 35 times more than the normal testosterone levels and he's headlining a card against Rances Barthelemy soon and I don't ever see any mention of his shady past.

Same s**t with Andre Berto. Headliner coming up against Victor Ortiz tomorrow and there's not a word written about or talked about his shady past.

And these hood**** like to talk about institutional racism in boxing, .

I guess if you call a black cheater a cheater, it's racist. .
                    The wall just got 10 feet higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      The wall just got 10 feet higher.

Comment

Working...
                      X