No announcement yet.

PBC has TONS of money in the bank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    You just don't like boxing then or you must not like boxing most of the time cuz if PBC isn't putting on good fights until Porter vs Thurman in June then who is? But fair enough. Everyone doesn't need to love boxing like some of us do.
    i don't want to discuss with anyone.
    I do love boxing to the point that i go to a boxing gym to train.

I do respect your point of view, i have my own about this.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
      You must have missed Edwin Rodriguez vs Thomas Williams tomorrow.
      LOL ahahhahahhahahhahahahah!

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        LOL ahahhahahhahahhahahahah!
        You don't expect that fight to be exciting? What do you see as a good fight then?

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          i don't want to discuss with anyone.
          I do love boxing to the point that i go to a boxing gym to train.

I do respect your point of view, i have my own about this.
          LOL you don't wanna discuss the good fights before June that non-PBC en****** are showing? Alright whatever man.

And I think there are a lot of people that enjoy participating in a sport much more than watching it so fair play there to.

Comment

You don't expect that fight to be exciting? What do you see as a good fight then?
            LOL he don't wanna talk about it he says.

Comment

LOL he don't wanna talk about it he says.
              lol probably because he realized how ridiculous his argument is.

Comment

NOBODY knows how much Haymon is sitting on. Very smart man to stay out of the spotlight and leave a lot of mystery around himself and let people just make a complete ASS out of themselves by assuming they know what he is doing behind the scenes and how much money he has and/or losing

Comment

LOL you don't wanna discuss the good fights before June that non-PBC en****** are showing? Alright whatever man.

And I think there are a lot of people that enjoy participating in a sport much more than watching it so fair play there to.
                  ok, so you can't comprehend what people write.

Comment

lol probably because he realized how ridiculous his argument is.
                    it is not, what is a good fight for you?
                    Fanny Farceia vs Guerrero?

LOL

Comment

What do you mean properly invest in boxing? I'd suggest there is no such thing. They are investing in the sport regardless if they are putting a lot of their better matches on HBO PPV.

If they are throwing money at boxing & people watch I'd assume its a "proper" investment. Competitive fights doesn't necessary equal a good investment. I mean look at the numbers of HBO, Showtime or PBC shows. Generally names = more ratings not competitive fights. I believe HBO did really nice numbers last weekend with 2 giant mismatches. If people watch whats the problem exactly?

Sure there are better or other approaches to take that one could argue or could straight assume would be better, but throwing money at boxing at all is a good thing whoever is doing it to some degree. And don't get me wrong I wanna see everyone do competitive fights, but the reality is no one is really doing high caliber shows on a regular basis so its hard to put someones **** in the dirt or suggest they are bad for boxing when everyone is more or less doing the same thing.
                      A simple example; Terrence "Bud" Crawford is supposed to be one of those "next guy up" stars for boxing.

Crawford is doing really good business in his home market, he's got a style that (once he gets warmed up) makes for good TV and, though not the most charismatic guy, is the kind of wholesome good guy that the HBO hype machine can build up.

I have no idea what type of money it ended up costing to stage Crawford-Postol, but HBO should've bit that bullet, to showcase Crawford in front of the 1m+ homes he could've gotten for HBO World Championship Boxing, rather than the maybe 100k homes that are likely expected to pony up for PPV right now.

Competition level of the fights is secondary, tbh; if HBO is truly going with this "build-a-superstar" approach, they need to identify the guys that they're seeking to push and put up the money for those guys (note: the fact that HBO has decided to go with utter mismatches, however, likely means that folks will take far longer to develop into potential PPV stars, as seen in Golovkin's 9 HBO fights yet still no consideration for PPV by the audience).

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is basically a PPV attraction at this point; HBO should identify the next four guys they think are PPV, budget $6m a year to broadcast each guy [total boxing budget of $25m], and let things play themselves out.

Golovkin[K2], Kovalev[Main Events], Crawford[Top Rank], and an open slot [penciling in Alvarez's non-PPV shows and the limited commitment to Andre Ward going forward] as HBO's boxing schedule; hopefully the few companies that get money in the new setup can leverage the HBO money to bring along young prospects for the next phase (after the four guys focused on either move onto PPV or get washed out in defeat).

Comment

Working...
                      X