Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Fury go down a mystery of how good he actually was if he loses to Wlad and Joshu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Fury go down a mystery of how good he actually was if he loses to Wlad and Joshu

If Fury doesn't manage a win over these guys will he not be in anyones top 10 head to head in boxing history ? I could see him beating guys like Ali/Holmes from here on in,but personally think hes going downhill after the Klitchko fight and may even have problems with Haye or possible Ortiz if these guys also potentially beat him as well. I dont think these guys will ever get credit based on an era lable since Boxing is more built on myths than substance . I find it hard to believe Fury wouldn't have handled a 60's or 70's era relatively easy . I think he would rank up there with some top past guys .

If Fury should win over this era does that reflect on his overall standing as a potentially top 5 guy or if he loses does it just say how good this era actually is? His resume if he should lose will be weak but like Vitali who also didnt have those names either his skills dont lie he was practically the hardest guy to defeat at one short point . Im not a big fan of Fury or his style but surly wouldn't he be on a top 10 list head to head ?

Wladimir was showing signs of aging against Bryant Jennings, so Fury didn't really beat a prime Wlad, although that's not to say he couldn't. Point being though, we can't accurately gauge how good Fury is using a performance against a past prime Wladimir as a benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Wladimir was showing signs of aging against Bryant Jennings, so Fury didn't really beat a prime Wlad, although that's not to say he couldn't. Point being though, we can't accurately gauge how good Fury is using a performance against a past prime Wladimir as a benchmark.
      Not if he beats Wlad with a higher punch output.I think he will lose but I see even past prime Wlad better than most top guys in any era.

Comment

Honestly you can't compare guys past and present like that. People these days are bigger stronger faster than generations in the past. Just like future generations are going to be stronger bigger faster than today generations. It's just how humans are evolving I guess. Some people will argue to death about different eras but Larry Holmes was only like 6'2? That's a midget compare to today's hw. Happens in every sport and boxing no different.

If he does lose to wlad and Joshua he won't be remember as a great champion. There's nothing special about him besides he talks a lot of ****.

Comment

How this era compares with the past is a matter of opinion. Why would Fury be a mystery when all his fights are there to be seen. Part of being considered good or great is being consistently good. If Fury is going down hill at his young age that doesn't look good. I don't see anything special about him and don't think he could beat a prime Ali or Holmes. I recognize him as the true heavyweight champ because he beat Wlad. Wlad was 39 years old and looked terrible and while Fury easily won he looked pretty mediocre in that fight too. I think a prime Wlad would KO Fury and I think Joshua will also KO Fury. I doubt Fury will be remembered as one of the all time great heavyweights. He is too slow and clumsy and his chin is not that good. He is huge and clever and can punch pretty good so he is not easy to beat. He may prove me wrong and beat Joshua but I don't think of him as a future all time great heavyweight. Joshua seems more likely to be a future great with his accurate and very hard, fast straight right and his overall skills. Joshua has been hurt so his future greatness depends a lot on how his chin holds up. He has the other assets to be great I think.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            How this era compares with the past is a matter of opinion. Why would Fury be a mystery when all his fights are there to be seen. Part of being considered good or great is being consistently good. If Fury is going down hill at his young age that doesn't look good. I don't see anything special about him and don't think he could beat a prime Ali or Holmes. I recognize him as the true heavyweight champ because he beat Wlad. Wlad was 39 years old and looked terrible and while Fury easily won he looked pretty mediocre in that fight too. I think a prime Wlad would KO Fury and I think Joshua will also KO Fury. I doubt Fury will be remembered as one of the all time great heavyweights. He is too slow and clumsy and his chin is not that good. He is huge and clever and can punch pretty good so he is not easy to beat. He may prove me wrong and beat Joshua but I don't think of him as a future all time great heavyweight. Joshua seems more likely to be a future great with his accurate and very hard, fast straight right and his overall skills. Joshua has been hurt so his future greatness depends a lot on how his chin holds up. He has the other assets to be great I think.
            ATG isn't a skill and Holmes and ali struggled with far less dangers than Fury. You stating he is slow tells me you don't really study him .furys chin hasn't exacly been tested either so even if Wlad k.os him you will say his chin is weak even though Wlad hits like a truck so its a no win situation trying to discuss this further.If fury only win is 40 year old Wlad it will be hard to gauge him against other top guys so don't know where you think assessing him is not a mystery if that's what we go on,unless you really think guys like Frazier ..foreman ..etc are over him,which I clearly don't.
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-28-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Its still unknown if Fury can even clean out his division right now, let alone pinning him against past champions. Wladimir will always play 2nd fiddle to his big bro in terms of skill and heart. Wladimir had a good run but he had a lot of unfair advantages going into fights and Jennings made him look old. He hardly threw a punch in the Fury fight even though Fury was right there. Its not like Furys performance was that spectacular either, the fight made Lee vs Saunders look like Hagler Hearns. Very uneventful and a feather fisted cruiser decked him.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyKnuckles View Post
                Its still unknown if Fury can even clean out his division right now, let alone pinning him against past champions. Wladimir will always play 2nd fiddle to his big bro in terms of skill and heart. Wladimir had a good run but he had a lot of unfair advantages going into fights and Jennings made him look old. He hardly threw a punch in the Fury fight even though Fury was right there. Its not like Furys performance was that spectacular either, the fight made Lee vs Saunders look like Hagler Hearns. Very uneventful and a feather fisted cruiser decked him.
                Many past time champions wouldn't have the physical abilities or attributes to deal with fury so its irrelevant what he does from here on in.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Many past time champions wouldn't have the physical abilities or attributes to deal with fury so its irrelevant what he does from here on in.
                  Originally posted by GalaxyKnuckles View Post
                  a feather fisted cruiser decked him.

Comment

why the hell would he be top 10 head to head any way??

Comment

Working...
                    X