Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ward at physical disadvantage against Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
    They have literally made the place unbearable.

What is sad is you know that the majority of them only knew about GGG since 2015, now they are die hard guys.
    If people stopped hating on a guy who is clearly one of the top fighters in the game today (and I have to believe they're just doing it to troll), it wouldn't be like that.

Some of the huge GGG fans may be overstating things a bit, or at least stating things prematurely that haven't yet been borne out in the ring, but that happens with any undefeated knockout artist as his profile continues to grow and he draws in fans.

The truly deranged lot are the hardcore haters.

For example, I mean you had dudes saying that the Nielsen ratings for GGG's last fight were faked as part of some vast elaborate conspiracy and that discussion became a 30-page thread. LOL. I think if GGG went back in time and beat Sugar Ray Robinson the GGG e-hatesquad would say, "Well Robinson's prime was at Welterweight anyways"

Comment

Anyways back on topic: it's a fair fight. They're the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        Me: "You think Andre Ward is a fan of Seinfeld?"

Boxingscene: "All I know is GGG has watched every episode"

Comment

maybe the same height but Kov fights tall

Comment

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
            If people stopped hating on a guy who is clearly one of the top fighters in the game today (and I have to believe they're just doing it to troll), it wouldn't be like that.

Some of the huge GGG fans may be overstating things a bit, or at least stating things prematurely that haven't yet been borne out in the ring, but that happens with any undefeated knockout artist as his profile continues to grow and he draws in fans.

The truly deranged lot are the hardcore haters.

For example, I mean you had dudes saying that the Nielsen ratings for GGG's last fight were faked as part of some vast elaborate conspiracy and that discussion became a 30-page thread. LOL. I think if GGG went back in time and beat Sugar Ray Robinson the GGG e-hatesquad would say, "Well Robinson's prime was at Welterweight anyways"
            Agree man. They should stop hating GGG. That would make this place a better place.

Comment

Yes but that's what makes this an intriguing fight. Like Ali versus Foreman.

Comment

Interesting to see Ward weighing a similar amount to Kovalev. I thought he was the smaller man in that regard, but I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Lol notice how he shrunk Golovkin from 5'10" 1/2 to 5'9" just for his agenda.
                  And he forgot about G calling out Floyd Manny and Bradley , and G calling out guys from 168-172 the double standards of these idiots is appalling .

Comment

Kovalev's size is deceptive, he's really lean and has a huge frame for 175, he might have a bit of a size advantage on Ward. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, if Ward comes in lighter he'll have an easier time moving around the ring and just out speed Kov.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      Height: Both are 6'0
                      Reach: Kovalev has one inch larger arms.
                      Weight: Kovalev is usually 185-189 fight night. Ward was 186 last fight with no clothes.

Is it safe to say it's an even match?
                      Even fight, no excuses, no more tuneups!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X