Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think An All Boxing Channel Would Be Successful?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think An All Boxing Channel Would Be Successful?

I'm a subscriber of Direct TV and I've noticed there's NBA TV, MLB TV, and the NFL Network on there.

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to do an all-boxing channel and if they did do y'all think it'd workout.

I mean, imagine a channel where you could watch the best fighters in the world on a daily basis with the format of those other channels with biographies, documentaries, classic fights, etc. . .

I personally would love a channel where I could watch guys like Uchiyama and Yamanaka fights live or all the great U.K. fights live, mixed in with great docs and programming.

Has anyone ever tried this?

Is it even doable?

UK has Boxnation, would be nice if the US had a similar type network even if they combined it with mma.

Im sure Haymon is at the PBC headquarters doing the Birdman handrub thinking about it.

Comment

I mean, there's a ****ing horse racing channel.

Comment

I think a boxing classics channel would go over very well. They could show fights from all eras and only the best ones which would make for big ratings I imagine. Lots of folks would probably put it on and just leave it there throughout the day. I know I would. Of course, with all the fights on Youtube, you can pretty much do that now.

Comment

I wonder how boxnation is doing -- if they had Hearn on board it would be a massive success, but without him...

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyKnuckles View Post
            UK has Boxnation, would be nice if the US had a similar type network even if they combined it with mma.

Im sure Haymon is at the PBC headquarters doing the Birdman handrub thinking about it.
            Really, the UK has a boxing network?

Is it like just 24 hours a day of boxing?

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            I mean, there's a ****ing horse racing channel.
            That's what I"m sayin'. There's a channel for all this other ****, why not boxing?

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            I think a boxing classics channel would go over very well. They could show fights from all eras and only the best ones which would make for big ratings I imagine. Lots of folks would probably put it on and just leave it there throughout the day. I know I would. Of course, with all the fights on Youtube, you can pretty much do that now.
            Hell yeah.

Just tune in and watch JCC Sr or Duran vs. Leonard or some old ass Ali fight from the mid '60s or something.

Comment

I would love a network like that. One that showed live fights when they actually air and when no TV worthy fights are on they have dedicated times for boxing shows, documentaries, old fights, interviews and all that good stuff.

Comment

BoxNation does very well over here.

Nothing but boxing or boxing discussion 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  BoxNation does very well over here.

Nothing but boxing or boxing discussion 24/7.
                  I would have that channel running 24/7 in my house lol. But over here in the U.S. we mostly have ESPN running in the background and they hardly even cover boxing. Sad reality.

But you guys have to pay for PPV fights that would otherwise not be on PPV in other places right?

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                    Really, the UK has a boxing network?

Is it like just 24 hours a day of boxing?

Yarrrrp. 24/7 mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X