Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If HBO did low-profile PPVs like Crawford/Postol for $25 would you be a buyer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If HBO did low-profile PPVs like Crawford/Postol for $25 would you be a buyer?

I know, I know, I hate the idea of more PPVs, especially weak ones. But, between you and I, if events like Postol/Crawford, or maybe Golovkin/Lemieux were $25, would you be buying them?
    I buy PPVs, but wouldn't even buy these for $25.
    23.08%
    I buy PPVs and I would buy these for $25 too.
    38.46%
    I don't normally by PPVs but would buy these for $25.
    23.08%
    I don't usually buy PPVs and am not spending $25 on these either.
    15.38%

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I know, I know, I hate the idea of more PPVs, especially weak ones. But, between you and I, if events like Postol/Crawford, or maybe Golovkin/Lemieux were $25, would you be buying them?
    I thought GGG vs Lemiux would have done well at a low price 19.99 or even 14.99. They get carried away with the PPV pricing, but need to be realistic especially when they are trying to build new fighters for PPV, let the initial offering be low. I dont even think big PPVs should be more than 49.99.

Comment

yeah why not just a cost of case of brew.

Comment

As much as I hate paying for more shyt that used to be free, I admit I'd be a much more active buyer if they were under $30. I'm not broke anymore but most of these $55 to $75 ppv prices today are just make me feel irresponsible with my money. I can buy a game that will give 100 hours of entertainment or go to a great restaurant with the wife for that much. Hell, I can sometimes go to the damned event for that much. If you're giving me one name-value fight and some filler, price it accordingly.

If what they're doing works best for them, then I'm just wrong and cheap. But, I have a feeling it isn't working and isn't going to work as they're planning.

Comment

If it means that the fighters will come together to make more fights of that magnitude, $25 is a price worth paying. But idk, at some point the volume of pay per view purchases I'd be making would be hard to justify.

Comment

I rather see low ppvs in the $25.99-$39.99 range every other month then the insane $69.95 ones we have now.

Comment

No, wouldn't buy those. Crawford nor Postol have done shit. Lemieux is one dimensional to the core, I'd never buy any fight involving him.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                I rather see low ppvs in the $25.99-$39.99 range every other month then the insane $69.95 ones we have now.
                There's almost no fight in boxing right now worth $70.

I wouldn't pay half that for the Canelo-Khan card.

I could maybe do a Crawford-Postol PPV with a good undercard for a $25 SD/$35 HD price tag.

Comment

I would buy it for 25 I woulda bought the Manny fight too for 25. But I think it was arum thst said that if you are buying the fight then your going to pay 60 regardless

Comment

Yeah, more people would probably buy those low popularity fights, or chip in easier. If fights were $25, all it takes is two boxing fans to give $12.50. If it's a group of like 5, then everyone chip in $5. A group of 10 would be like literally nothing, money you could find in your couch. And plus, more wings and beer for everyone. This helps two fighters with no elites on their resume, trying to get people to buy their fight for $50 bucks, that's atrocious, I don't give a **** how rich you are, don't support that crap. $25 is good though.

Comment

Working...
                    X