Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If HBO did low-profile PPVs like Crawford/Postol for $25 would you be a buyer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would even though fight isn't PPV worthy. Nobody is gonna pay for this if it's 60 bucks, especially if they don't stack the undercard.

Comment

No, thats more problems not a solution.

Squeezing the most money they can out of a declining audience is already boxings business model. Has to change or we will not have a sport in the future.

Comment

$ 25 to get these fights happening , for sure I would cheap night of entertainment if you ask me , $55 and then they are milking us like a cow .

Ask yourself what can you buy today for $25 .

Comment

Under certain circumstances, possibly. Although things are getting so ****ty that I can't see myself doing this at any point in the near future. The game, overall, is just way too ****ing weak to consider this. A few years ago or more - absolutely. No hesitation.

Comment

I still wouldn't buy it. I get HBO and they always show their pay for view fights for free the following weekend. I would rather save the $25 and see the same identical fight for free a week later than pay $25 to see the fight live. Call me thrifty or call me a cheapskate but that is what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I still wouldn't buy it. I get HBO and they always show their pay for view fights for free the following weekend. I would rather save the $25 and see the same identical fight for free a week later than pay $25 to see the fight live. Call me thrifty or call me a cheapskate but that is what I would do.
              But in the big picture thats just being a tight ass , do you smoke , drink grog , eat chocolate or potato chips , drink Coke etc what Im trying to do is put it into perspective as of value for the dollar , tell me what is your budget spent on entertainment ?

Comment

Not for $25. You can get a crappy ticket for $25. Netflix costs $15 for a whole family. And I'm relatively well off, it's just the whole idea behind cable TV and the PPVs that is outdated.

Don't get me wrong - I've bought a few PPVs before, but it's mostly to support a fighter or fighters.. to me, supporting PPVs =/= supporting boxing.

Comment

Working...
                X