Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez Erupts: Golovkin Won't Go Down One Ounce For This Diva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourageAward View Post
    And Nelo don't got a belt.

He'll put a huge shame to Mexico when he drops that belt.
    how will it be shame? he got the belt by default not by plan,. He wanted to fight cotto and cotto just so happened to have the belt.

again YDKSAB

Comment

Obvious for any ****** and or rock-head: a voluntary defence may take place at whatever weight the opponents agree upon; a mandatory defence takes place at the respective weight class, unless the opponents agree upon otherwise... The weight and the purse split are regulated by the WBC rules.

Canelo may go and keep his "lineal" title, which seems to be enough for his fans. The history books will establish the truth anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        No what I hate is that he wants the spot light just as much as GGG. Believe me Canelo isn't losing any sleep thinking about Abel Sanchez's comments. Just like how Andre Ward isn't.

Abel Sanchez talks out of his A$$ and a lot of fighters, and trainers are calling him out on it.
        Hunter, Garcia, Roach, Mayweather, etc. all of them do it.

Sanchez is hardly the first and only trainer playing that part.

Also, it won't be long before Canelo or his trainer is out talking again to. Saying they're not trying to create a weight class, they're just comfortable at 155. Which is creating a weight class, since there is no 155.

Th things people are saying have clearly gotten under Canelos skin, and he's actually let it been known he's frustrated.

His carefully crafted rep as a Ill fight anyone fighter has been blown to shreds.

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
        how will it be shame? he got the belt by default not by plan,. He wanted to fight cotto and cotto just so happened to have the belt.

again YDKSAB
        Actually, you are wrong, twice Canelo is on record saying he wanted that belt.

And in a interview Cotto said he offered to drop the belt. Then the WBC stripped him. Canelo could have easily said I don't want it either, but he paid for the fee so he could still win it.

On top of then in interview, canelo said he wanted the green belt because it means something to Mexicans.

He also said he wanted to be the first Mexican to successfully defend the green belt at MW, which is likely why he decided to pick an easy fight in Khan.

First he said they were gonna do 154 but Khan wanted the MW title. Khan said that wasn't true. Canelo and his team can't get their story straight--GGG has them all shook up.

He wants the belt, he's just hoping he can keep it without fighting GGG.

You can bet he walks around calling himself two division champ, although he fought two guys for the belt that clearly were not MW, but choosing not to fight MW.
        Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 04-25-2016, 02:31 AM.

Comment

It is the principle. People keep saying GGG hasn't fought anyone? Well, he wan ts to but at 160. Is that asking too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            WBC title, not lineal, Canelo is lineal until he loses. Fact.
            Lineal doesn't mean f@ck all if you've just given up your belt just to avoid another fighter in your division ...what world do you live in cyclops lol....and let's be fair your only in canelos corner because 2 reasons one is your still bitter about the ward situation and secondly u need something to hold on to about mayweather...and because mayweather schooled canelo that's your medicine ...u wouldn't give 2 f@cks about canelo if floyd was still around or if the ward vs triple ggg fight was on.... Be consistent FFS

Comment

Of course he will. How causal do you have to be to take this shit seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by -Mar.GOD.rito- View Post
                Then keep Ca$hnelo out of your mouth, fa990t. Keep fighting bums. 155 is waiting. It's evident Triple Flop is terrified of Ca$hnelo
                Yep. 155 plus $5-10 mil. Sounds like a win-win to me. 'Principal' won't pay an old man's bills.

AGAIN, Abel, read this and then sign the Canelo fight. Or keep ignoring your biggest paycheck EVER...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...-at-154160-168

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Of course it does, you have to beat the champ to be the champ that's the whole point of lineal status.
                  IDK - there is nuances to this ****. If Canelo vacates without ever having fought an opponent at the MW limit and without fighting the #1 contender will he be considered lineal? I guess it's a matter of opinion. Not that I really give a damn but the TBRB are as good a barometer as any - I reckon I'll go along with their take on it. I think it's entirely possible they will 'strip' (for want of a better term) Canelo and leave it open until the #1 contender (currently GGG) fights the #2/3 contender (currently Jacobs or Saunders) to establish a new lineage, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Comment

Dont say your the 160 champion if you dont fight at 160. Its not rocket science, there are weight categories in boxing. Fight within the category that you weigh

Comment

Nor should he. Middleweight is 160, why should he come down five pounds shorter below the weight limit? Canelo and his team are disrespecting the rules of boxing by defending a title below what it's actual required weight is.

It's a shame GGG is too nice of a person, a more aggressive person would have spelled this out in the post-fight interview on Saturday and tried to 'shame' him by saying that when the middleweight champion decides he wants to fight at middleweight, then we'll us a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X