Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Crawford get the same backlash as GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford's backlash is worse. His resume and skills are questioned. GGG everybody agrees that the skills are there just his resume is questioned.

Comment

I like GGG but his fans get on my nerves. Crawford is several years younger than GGG. Crawford already has moved up in weight and won titles in two weight classes. Yes his last three opponents have been bad. He has now signed on to fight Postol, who is an undefeated good opponent who KO'd the boogeyman of the division.

I know it's not entirely GGG's fault why he hasn't had quality opponents but he has to do something fast, he's getting up there in age. Guys who couldn't get fights made sacrifices to get them. He needs to do that, it may not be fair but that's life.

Comment

I give Crawford crap for his opponents also, but at least he's not 34 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
          Hyped like Floyd Mayweather, am I right Larry Panther XXX

Floyd Mayweather was hyped for absolute years upon years after he hand picked slow plodders the difference with Floyd and GGG is GGG fights everyone he can at his weight.

Also Floyd ducked GGG as did Ward and Canelo.
          Floyd at 24 had a better resume and legacy than GGG at 34. Stop playing yourself

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
            And look at the three opponents he has fought.
            And who is he signed to fight? Postol? So he moved up and acclimatized right? Oh what a fraud

Now who has Danny Garcia fought at WW since moving up? Why won't he answer Kell Brook's challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
              Floyd at 24 had a better resume and legacy than GGG at 34. Stop playing yourself
              Floyd ducked slick fast movers.

Comment

GGG is fighting everyone in his weight class. People are scared to fight him at 160, demanding crazy paydays on top of other advantages like BJS. GGG isn't a big 160lb'er either. Crawford is a big 140lber and could comfortably campaign at 147lb. Postol is a good fight though in all honesty.

GGG could honestly fight at 154lb, Ward isn't even outsized at 175lbs lol. GGG v Canelo is the fight to make at 160lb.

Comment

There isn't anywhere near as much talk about Crawford as there is about Golovkin.

Also Crawford is American, which is a big part of the problem people have with Golovkin.

Comment

both are doing what they have to do with who is put in front of them, but its early in crawfords career and hes already moved up.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                      Crawfords last 3 opponents
                      Dulorme
                      Jean
                      Lundy
                      I think he does get criticism. The difference is Crawford really only is discussed among true boxing fans on NSB. Many agree that his p4p ranking is a little high, that he needs to fight better opponenets, and that suggesting he'd beat Manny right now was crazy.

GGG gets discussed by boxing fans but more so by the "Trump" wing of NSB that sees him as a symbol of some kind. They over exaggerate his greatness so his resume gets discussed whenever this happens.

Poster Johnwoo8686 touched on this below in another thread

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                      LOL, you closet racists have been taking L's in boxing for over 100 years. GGG, Kovalev, and Loma have given you a sense of renewed hope that you guys can still kick ass. And fyi, I know real Russians and they think most white Americans are pu55ies. Which is probably why you have had to adopt them as your own, because they can actually fight while you hide behind a keyboard.
                      If Crawford were to elevate to the level of Floyd or Ward where experts/journalists/media feel he earned the right to be called the best p4p fighter in the world, then I expect the people mentioned by johnwoo8686 will turn their wrath toward him and comment about him more.

Comment

Working...
                      X