Collapse
No announcement yet.

The #1 and #2 P4P fighters fight tomorrow in front of a sold out crowd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ring had GGG as #2 for a while but moved up Kovalev (before his second fight w/ Pascal). He is currently #3 Ring, #2 ESPN and #4 TBRB P4P. Kind of surprised about him being so high on the TBRB. I mean I rate him P4P but I was expecting him to be in the bottom half on the TBRB list.
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-22-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      That's a serious problem you have, its been explained many times, and its obvious anyway. Mando dude.
      Don't tell me it's because it's a mandatory. Look at these rankings. Which one of these fights excite you? Is this belt worth keeping?

1 Tureano Johnson United States
      2 NOT RATED
      3 Dominic Wade United States
      4 Ryota Murata Japan
      5 Sergiy Derevyanchenko Ukraine
      6 Hassan N'Dam Cameroon
      7 Sam Soliman Australia
      8 David Lemieux Canada
      9 Eamonn O'Kane Northern Ireland
      10 Avtandil Khurtsidze Georgia
      11 Chris Eubank Jr England
      12 Marcelo Coceres Argentina
      13 Adam Etches England
      14 Arif Magomedov Russian Federation
      15 Matthew Macklin England

This belt brings him nothing in the grand scheme of things. Top fighters don't want the IBF because of their strict mandatories and horrible rankings. The IBF is a beginners belt.

Comment

That's a serious problem you have, its been explained many times, and its obvious anyway. Mando dude.
        Sniveling coward.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Don't tell me it's because it's a mandatory. Look at these rankings. Which one of these fights excite you? Is this belt worth keeping?

2 NOT RATED
          4 Ryota Murata Japan
          6 Hassan N'Dam Cameroon
          7 Sam Soliman Australia
          8 David Lemieux Canada
          13 Adam Etches England

This belt brings him nothing in the grand scheme of things. Top fighters don't want the IBF because of their strict mandatories and horrible rankings. The IBF is a beginners belt.
          What you want us to tell you then? This is the only reason GGG's team was even made aware of Dominic Wade's existence. It's the only reason this fight is happening.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind GGG/Khurtsidze or Eubank Jr. Not the most exciting matchups ever but they're not too bad. Derevyanchenko is a good fighter but he's too green as a pro.

There aren't really any contenders that seem like a serious threat to GGG anyway, the only matchups I'm really excited about would be Jacobs or Canelo. Saunders is not bad but I'm made reluctant because I know he's terrified.

But yes I'd keep the belt (of course). It's easy for us to act like the belts don't matter but they buy attention and bargaining power, both of which GGG needs.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-22-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post

2 NOT RATED
            4 Ryota Murata Japan
            6 Hassan N'Dam Cameroon
            7 Sam Soliman Australia
            8 David Lemieux Canada
            13 Adam Etches England

Wade is mandatory for the middleweight belt and has never fought at middleweight. IBF is a ****ing joke.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              Since when was GGG p4p#2?
              #1 ward
              #2 Spence
              #3 Crawford
              #4 wilder
              #5 broner

I agree Larry, no room for that eurobum

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                What you want us to tell you? This is the only reason GGG's team was even made aware of Dominic Wade's existence. It's the only reason this fight is happening. There are no other reasons this fight is happening.
                Answer the other question. Is that belt worth keeping? If he were a 27 year old MW then that's cool. He's 34 and needs a big fight. I'd rather see big fights than fights for trinkets.

Comment

They are two of my favorites and I am excited about them each adding another KO to their records. I wish they were facing better opponents but it's not always easy for them to get the fights they want the most.

Comment

Wade was not even the true Mandatory man..this is his 1st 12 round fight..this is a joke of a fight

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                      Since when was GGG p4p#2?
                      But he brawl doe

Comment

Working...
                      X