Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Valid Argument that Gonzalez is P4P King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Just last year he fought a guy with 20 loses. And he's refusing to fight his toughest opponent unless he gets 2M which will never happen. I think he maybe be top 10
    Dont get me wrong I think Estrada beats him next time. I just think you cant take away from the little guys. Hell the ring has GGG at #3 and Gonzalez's resume craps on GGG's.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      those 3 division equal 7 pounds. Give me names little sheep. Why doesn't Gonzalez fight Inoue? Scared.
      but you don't even know the names of fighters in that division like my original post pointed out. its not my fault you are ignorant. thats on you. i wouldn't expect someone to respect or know anything about the smaller classes when they say things like its only 7 pounds or that gonzalez is ducking inoue when they are trying to make that fight.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Just last year he fought a guy with 20 loses. And he's refusing to fight his toughest opponent unless he gets 2M which will never happen. I think he maybe be top 10
          they just offered the fight to estrada and estrada said no. estradas own team confirmed this. talk about ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            The 16-2 guy isnt a stay busy fight lol. Its arguably his best fight since he joined up with HBO, depending how past it you thought Viloria was

Ruenroeng is at least top3 (along with RG and Estrada) at Fly and Arroyo lost a razor thin decision to him, dropping him in the process. He's a good fighter, solid top 10 opposition.
            When a champ isnt fighting another champ especially a p4p champ. Its a stay busy fight. Arroyo is a good contender but 2 people have beat him so he can be beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              When a champ isnt fighting another champ especially a p4p champ. Its a stay busy fight. Arroyo is a good contender but 2 people have beat him so he can be beat.
              Ok so he isnt the best fight available, but just dismissing him as a '16-2 guy' doesnt make sense given that he is a good dangerous opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                but you don't even know the names of fighters in that division like my original post pointed out. its not my fault you are ignorant. thats on you. i wouldn't expect someone to respect or know anything about the smaller classes when they say things like its only 7 pounds or that gonzalez is ducking inoue when they are trying to make that fight.
                Here's the problem, all his opponents besides Estrada have many losses. I know 3 of his opponets because I saw them lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Ok so he isnt the best fight available, but just dismissing him as a '16-2 guy' doesnt make sense given that he is a good dangerous opponent.
                  Imagine if Floyd fought an 16-2 guy

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    he has a better resume than the guys below him, is undefeated across 3 divisions, doesn't hold/clinch/bend over and look at the canvas to win but because you are uninformed i guess none of that counts. if you don't see it or know about it, it doesn't matter/exist
                    Kovalev has a superior resume, as does Bradley, as does Wlad, as does Canelo and so on. Heck, Khan has a better resume. In terms of a combination of skill and power, GGG is probably better and Kovalev is most definitely better.

There's an argument for Gonalez being a p4p top 10 guy but being number one is nothing more than HBO trying to create a new pocket sized star but he has none of the dynamism or personality of Naz neither does he have the rivalries of Barrera/Morales/Pacquiao/JMM.

I like to what him fight though so the p4p argument is kinda irrelevant in my eyes.

Comment

can we just rename this the ignorance thread? many people had arroya beating ruenroeng(i know threadstarter has no idea who this is so he must be a bum) but everyone else knows ruenroeng is one of the best in the division and he's currently ranked #2. they fought in ruenroeng's home country and arroya didn't get the decision. that happens a lot in boxing but that doesn't mean you have to be ignorant and pretend the guy is a bum because you don't know about him. arroya is a debatable decision away from being the #2 guy in the division. him being 16-2 doesn't matter. he has proven he is a good fighter but he hasn't gotten the breaks and you are punishing him even more with your ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                      X