No announcement yet.

Sanchez compares GGG to Hagler and Wade to Monroe & Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanchez compares GGG to Hagler and Wade to Monroe & Lemieux

First check out 3:47. This is why I like Dontae. Sanchez tries to slip a little lie in there by saying Wade knocked out Shawn Porter in the amateurs and Dontae corrected him quick. He knocked Porter down but Wade lost the fight on a DQ. If nobody was there to correct Sanchez it would've been printed and everyone would be thinking Wade is so good he knocked out Porter in the amateurs.

He was still beating Porter's ass though. He was winning before the bogus DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      First check out 3:47. This is why I like Dontae. Sanchez tries to slip a little lie in there by saying Wade knocked out Shawn Porter in the amateurs and Dontae corrected him quick. He knocked Porter down but Wade lost the fight on a DQ. If nobody was there to correct Sanchez it would've been printed and everyone would be thinking Wade is so good he knocked out Porter in the amateurs.

DBN is easily one of the best channels covering boxing out there. He tells the whole truth and isn't afraid to ask the hard questions or expose the agendas.

There's also a video on ESNEWS where Abel says he'd take a fight with Carl Froch at 172.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post

GGG can't really be held responsible for what Sanchez said. Sanchez is a big talker while GGG is a mighty fighter who lets his fists do the talking. Hagler was one of the greatest middleweights in history. GGG makes no claim to being as good as Hagler. GGG just wants to be the best middleweight that he can be and he trains very hard and fights very hard. Wade is rated very highly and is top 10 in the world by most ranking places. I think Monroe is a better fighter than Wade. I think GGG will go through Wade like a sharp knife through warm butter and KO him in 3 rounds or less.

Comment

Did he just say that Golovkin is dominating his division like no one else in any era ever?

He probably needs a nap.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            Did he just say that Golovkin is dominating his division like no one else in any era ever?

He probably needs a nap.
            While I don't necessarily agree, why not? If we take Canelo and Cotto at their words that they are not middleweights, Golovkin has beaten, has been ducked by, or would be a huge favorite against anyone in the division. Hell, most people who dislike Golovkin keep saying that the only way for him to prove something to them is by moving up. Doesn't that imply that there are absolutely no challenges for him at MW?

Again, I don't necessarily agree with it, but you can definitely make the argument that he's dominating the division.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              While I don't necessarily agree, why not? If we take Canelo and Cotto at their words that they are not middleweights, Golovkin has beaten, has been ducked by, or would be a huge favorite against anyone in the division. Hell, most people who dislike Golovkin keep saying that the only way for him to prove something to them is by moving up. Doesn't that imply that there are absolutely no challenges for him at MW?

Again, I don't necessarily agree with it, but you can definitely make the argument that he's dominating the division.
              That isn't the argument, the argument is that he's dominating the division unlike any other fighter from any other era. That's what Sanchez said, I like Golovkin but he hasn't fought a single top fighter yet and the onus is on him to do that. Let's ignore the runs of Louis, Hopkins, Hagler, Monzon, Pep in a single division who have Golovkins longevity but with the names on the list as well.

So even if Golovkin was dominating middleweight he isn't close to being the most dominant single weight champion of any era. Secondly I don't know how you can dominate middleweight when you have fought only one of the current top 10 middleweights, hell even drag up a decent Light Middleweight. I agree he's the best middleweight, but that's not the same. The crying shame is if he fought someone like Erislandy Lara then that would be the best fighter on his resume.

When Hopkins was dominating middleweight he beat everyone, he lost to Taylor and Taylor had to drag Wright, Ouma and Spinks up from 154 because Hopkins had beaten everyone else. Pavlik emerged a few year later and Abraham nicked the vacant belt.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

Thing is the division is really weak at the moment , the 2 best other than GGG are guys from 140-147 , people need to look at the fighters not the belts not beating the division , they need to look at the quality of the division and its terrible .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Thing is the division is really weak at the moment , the 2 best other than GGG are guys from 140-147 , people need to look at the fighters not the belts not beating the division , they need to look at the quality of the division and its terrible .
                  Sure, but there were arguments that Hopkins' era MW division was weak too. Those arguments are always around. however, that actually doesn't matter for the sake of this argument. It's an irrelevant fact.

Golovkin is a MW champ, right? Do you see any MW (or someone who can be a MW) give him trouble? Forget the Callum Smiths, the Zurdos, the Wards, the Kovalevs, the DeGales - all those guys are above MW and probably can't make MW limit.

From that perspective, you can say he's dominating his division like nobody else before.

Comment

Working...
                  X