Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Marquez lose when stepping up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt he beat Chris John, and I would not argue against anyone having him over Bradley, I had it a draw however.

I felt he beat Norwood 7-5.

JMM's style is simply not popular with judges I guess.

Comment

Marquez is a matador hes the one luring the bull holding a red towel

in that sense that he excels on fighting aggressive fighters like pacquiao he struggles or look average when he is the one becoming the aggressor because he is a counter puncher that is why Marquez became uncomfortable becoming the aggressor against bradley and mayweather.

That is why pacquiao vs marquez worked so beautifully its like a tango. marquez was the matador while pacquiao was the bull.

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
        Marquez is a matador hes the one luring the bull holding a red towel

in that sense that he excels on fighting aggressive fighters like pacquiao he struggles or look average when he is the one becoming the aggressor because he is a counter puncher that is why Marquez became uncomfortable becoming the aggressor against bradley and mayweather.

That is why pacquiao vs marquez worked so beautifully its like a tango. marquez was the matador while pacquiao was the bull.
        yeah, Marquez and Pacquiao is Matador vs Bull.

Marquez has been hit so much in his career, his defense is really horrible his offense and side step and back stepp and offense is his defense basic matador style.

When he goes forward thats when he gets dropped

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
          It wasn't a robbery, but a draw would have been fair.

agree, dont think john win but the 2 points deduction definetely hurt marquez. but he did look clueless being the agressor againts john, i think is one of his worse performance

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            He is special, not anyone can throw those kind of combinations, especially his uppercuts and from long range as well. Just very very unique and it's actually pretty amazing that Marquez hasn't even been stopped considering the combinations he attempts.
            nicely put, combination is definitely a thing of beauty and his recuperating ability is something admirable aswell, I guess you are right, just that his resume is weak for someone id call special

Comment

His strengths are as unreal as his weaknesses.

Slow feet and slow hands.

Genius type iq and counter punching

So yes, matchups will play a large part in his success. But all things considered, he's had a great career.

Comment

Styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                  Barrera and Pacquiao are okay wins, but those other 3 shouldn't be mentioned.
                  A comatose PAC is an Okay win?? OK??

Comment

His issue is he's one-dimensional.

He's got tremendous focus though. The guy is always awake during the fight(no on the ropes break, resting behind a high guard etc) and he has absolutely no quit in him, constant eye of the tiger.

Comment

see mexicans there no puerto rican trashing ur idol Marquez, Ya gotta learn kids.

Comment

Working...
                      X