Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List The Fighters With The Best Footwork You've Ever Seen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List The Fighters With The Best Footwork You've Ever Seen.

Each time I watch Rigo's highlights, or training montages, two things always catch my attention.

1) His never changing Rigo face. I'm pretty sure Donaire wakes up in the middle of the night with cold sweats, haunted by that set in stone like Rigo face. He probably has **** turds that make him catch a breath because they're shaped like that Rigo face and stare deep into his soul.

2) His dazzling footwork. I mean, I'm a relative boxing noob, so maybe that's a contributing factor, but the way Rigo seems to glide all over the ring like a "****ing lizard on ice" is a thing of beauty.

Got me thinking about who else has God tier footwork.

List who you think does.

Best I saw was maybe Sweet Pea with Rigo a close second.

One of my personal faves was Johnny Tapia. His footwork, to me, has always been overlooked

Floyd and Roy are up there in terms of fighters i saw growing up

Comment

I feel like fighters who like to keep their opponents at range seem to be the ones who are credited with good footwork. To me good footwork means balance... putting your opponent off balance, being in position to effectively defend and still being able to punch hard. Fighters who waste movement and throw arm punches while on their bikes don't have good footwork as far as I'm concerned. If a fighter needs to get 6 ft away from their opponent to reset and get on balance, it's not very effective. There's really too many to name, but guys like prime marquez and chocolatito have great footwork imo.

Comment

Ofcourse the boxer with the greatest footwork of all time was Muhammad Ali. In his prime he was actually floating like a butterfly in the ring, and knocking mofos out.

Comment

Right now its Lomachenko. For a guy who throws that many punches, fights on the inside and takes chances, his footwork is amazing. Guys like sweet pea and Rigo are great, but they really are defense first and defense second kind of fighters. I've always been more impressed with great footwork when it comes from an offensive minded fighter.

Comment

Willie Pep
            Benny Leonard
            Sugar Ray Robinson
            Ezzard Charles
            Kid Gavilan
            Ali
            Roberto Duran
            Ray Leonard
            Pete Whitaker
            Julio Chaves Sr.
            Rigo
            Roman Gonzales

I don't just think of movers when evaluating foot work. Balance in the aid of power is a huge part of delivering good punches.

Ray

Comment

Roman Gonzalez prob has the best footwork today. There's a video on youtube that goes in to depth, nice watch.

Comment

Whitaker
                Mayweather
                Ali
                Pacquiao
                Pep

Comment

Pep! Still love watching Pep videos on youtube, BEAUTIFUL Footwork!

Comment

Ali and Pac dazzle me because their footwork is almost instinctual. You can't study to fight like that, to strike off-balance, to float away at an odd angle when the opponent goes to strike back.

On the other hand, you have equally impressive guys in Mayweather, Rigo, etc who have incredible footwork as a result of distinct technique and training.

My favorite fight for explaining how footwork is everything is Calzaghe v Lacy. Joe, known for brittle hands late in his career, went into the fight with an injured hand and just battered a much stronger man using footwork and head movement.

Comment

Working...
                    X