Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo-GGG Needs Marinating To Be Boxing's Biggest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight does not need any damn marinating, Oscar and Canelo are looking like clowns straight out of the circus right now...Just drop the damn belt and move on so we can stop talking about this.

Comment

According to some fans it doesn't matter when you beat them as long as you beat them.

I can see it now, Canelo fans bragging about his win over a 40 year old past prime Golovkin saying " I told you so."

Comment

According to some fans it doesn't matter when you beat them as long as you beat them.

I can see it now, Canelo fans bragging about his win over a 40 year old past prime Golovkin saying " I told you so."

Marinating fights use to mean wait a year when anticipation starts to build and then pull the trigger. Now it means, I don't want to risk my investment until at least 2020.

Comment

Hope the WBC makes Canelo drop the belt. Shouldn't be able to keep the belt while you fight welterweights.

Comment

1/ Is this just negotiations posturing (same deal with GGG saying Mayweather fight is a bigger fight) ???? - hope so
            2/ Can't see how WBC can/will defend this
            3/ Move on. GGG fights maybe Saunders, Jacobs and Ramirez - ok fights
            4/ Canelo grows into 160 next 2 years and fights hand-picked opponents like Lemieux and N'Dam and Khan
            5/ They'll probably never fight at all as some ballsy talent like Williams or Andrade might beat one or other of them before the marinade is just right

Comment

Canelo has no plans to fight Golovkin even when Golovkin is 40 as some say. The wbc needs to take the belt and give it to Golovkin so he can defend it and the fight at 168 against DeGale or Ramirez because Golovkin has no competition at 160.

Comment

4 more years. It'll pass by quick

Comment

What how long has GGG been mandatory??
                  Fck Oscar

Comment

Poor Khan , He needs a KO to win on Canelo fight!

Comment

By the time Canelo would conquer the 158 lbs division, Golovkin would be 40 y/o. They would want to drag out GGG from retirement and force him to fight Canelo @ 159 lbs c/w. That's marinating
                      Last edited by Raimondo; 04-20-2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X