Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connor McGregor announces retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would he retire when he will make a lot fighting Diaz and winner of Aldo and Edgar? He is not finished yet in his MMA career. He loses a lot of power if he just walks away now.

Only thing is a medical situation or to gain publicity or leverage.

Comment

I've never been critical of anyone who's decided to leave any brutal sport, never. So why knock him?

Comment

Conor copies everything Fury does. He's such a fanboy.

Comment

He made a lot of money in a sport where top fighters are making $50-100k. He's making the right decision especially if he has over $10,000,000 dollars, that's enough for almost anyone to want to retire.

Retiring after a loss at the top is kinda lame, he should go out on a win, but I can't sit here and blame him. Give me $10-20mill or whatever he won recently, and I will stop everything i'm doing too

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            The only way it makes sense is if seeing his teammate kill a guy in a fight last week got to him. Which is possible I suppose.

It sounds bogus to me, but Ariel Helwani is saying it's for real. We'll see.
            Oh did that happen?

Comment

Comment

I hope this isn't true. Guy was entertainment gold.

Comment

OK? What does this have to do with Boxing?

Comment

I think it's just a ploy to not rematch Diaz. He'll come back later this year and face somebody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      The only way it makes sense is if seeing his teammate kill a guy in a fight last week got to him. Which is possible I suppose.

It sounds bogus to me, but Ariel Helwani is saying it's for real. We'll see.
                      If it's true, this is highly possible.

Being sat ringside and watching a man literally beat to death will surely have an impact on someone.

Comment

Working...
                      X