Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain why Corrales isnt in the IBHOF yet Gatti and Mancini is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
    Corrales was never forgiven by the boxing world for excessive spitting of his gum shield. HOF doesn't accept cheats.
    Lame excuse

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think the IBHOF gots too low a bar to start with, but yea its hard to argue Diego shouldn't be in if Gatti & Mancini are in. I suspect Diego's less than stellar history could have something to do with it.
      The hall has all types of criminals

Lame excuse to me....its politics

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Gatti, Mancini & McGuigan are exceptions. People always point to them as if that's the norm. But it isn't. They're at the low end of the curve.
        Sure those are the guys who tend to get mentioned alot. I'm saying I think they shouldn't let so many guys in each year. They let in 3 guys a year, I think it should be 2. Virgil Hill & Joe Calzahge were 1st ballot entries ffs. I ain't saying they doesn't deserve in or that they aren't great fighters, but cmon 1st time around. And Riddick Bowe probably woulda been a first year entry if Calzahge wasn't eligible the same year as ODLH & Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          i always wanted to see a prime Casamayor vs Floyd

JLC-Casamayor was like taking ambien
          Casa was the one @ 130 who would've gave him his best fight. Save Jesus Chavez(overlooked)

Yea jlc vs casa was a little tedious....both are slow starters

Casa was my guy back then...still mad about that freitas fight

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            im sure there's **** loads of "politicing" during the selection process. Same with the NFL hof. How in the hell TO didn't get in 1st ballot is beyond my comprehension.
            Yep....did you see skip bayless try to justify it

Dude is top ten in virtually every receiving category

That was bs and it shows how biased voting can be

Personality or liking someone has nothing to do with their legacy

Comment

Can someone please explain why anyone takes the Boxing Hall of Fame serious? Hamed made it ffs. The only HOF I respect is the Baseball HOF. They don't just let anybody in. You can argue about people deserving to be in but you can't argue about those in there not deserving to be there.

Comment

Chico should be in there, no doubt about it.

Prime Casa and JLC on the resume. Nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                  Can someone please explain why anyone takes the Boxing Hall of Fame serious? Hamed made it ffs. The only HOF I respect is the Baseball HOF. They don't just let anybody in. You can argue about people deserving to be in but you can't argue about those in there not deserving to be there.
                  Hamed was hall worthy

He cleaned out 126 from 95-00 beat all the other titleholders, 36 fights 9 champs defeated

Exciting, ko power...lineal champ 3 years titlist over half a decade

Hamed was the most dominant feather of the last 25 years

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Gatti, Mancini & McGuigan are exceptions. People always point to them as if that's the norm. But it isn't. They're at the low end of the curve.
                    I swear I'm so tired of those guys being brought up for literally every 'should x get into the HOF' discussion. Especially Gatti, which everyone and their mommas know was not put into the HOF on the basis of his resume.

Comment

He deserves it but he wasn't famous enough. In boxing the HOF is very literal, in that if you are famous you get in, regardless if you actually weren't that good. He was ranked #5 P4P at one point, ranked #1 in SFW and LW in his prime

And probably the most important feat of his career, he has the honors of having a W in ESPN's/Boxingscene.com Fight of The Decade for the 2000s.

Comment

Working...
                      X