Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much was charles Martin paid to lay down and sit and not get back up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much was charles Martin paid to lay down and sit and not get back up?

a friend said it was 5M, british sterling, which is annoying.

i dont think its that much, how much was it?

Originally posted by moltres. View Post
    a friend said it was 5M, british sterling, which is annoying.

i dont think its that much, how much was it?
    Nobody knows for sure. Insiders suggest it was about half of that. Still a very nice payday.

Comment

There are some fighters who quit by waiting until the last second hoping they get counted out but I don't think that was Martin. I believe he just wanted every last second to survive the Joshua assault.

But only Martin knows.

Comment

2M is a very nice payday.

2.5M is great.

5M his laughing straight to the bank

Comment

I'd say anywhere between 2 - 4 million quid.

I thought UK tax made it difficult to get big international fights on these shores but many are getting made now. Just shows how UK boxing is booming.

Comment

I heard it was £5m . Although i've heard others say it was £3m

So i think it was somewhere between £3m and £5m. Even if it's somewhere in the middle, £4m is great for less than 2 rounds work and quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
              There are some fighters who quit by waiting until the last second hoping they get counted out but I don't think that was Martin. I believe he just wanted every last second to survive the Joshua assault.

But only Martin knows.
              Anything else is purely speculation. I am on your side though I think he's just not experienced enough to run the clock like that. Then again like you said only Martin knows.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                I heard it was £5m . Although i've heard others say it was £3m

So i think it was somewhere between £3m and £5m. Even if it's somewhere in the middle, £4m is great for less than 2 rounds work and quitting.
                The Daily Mail said it was £2.5. They were correct with the Froch-Groves II purses if my memory serves me right. I'm guessing the journalists have contacts within Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  The Daily Mail said it was £2.5. They were correct with the Froch-Groves II purses if my memory serves me right. I'm guessing the journalists have contacts within Sky.
                  Even so, that's a great payday for him considering he won the title via leg injury and could have easily ended up losing it to some average mandatory for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Even so, that's a great payday for him considering he won the title via leg injury and could have easily ended up losing it to some average mandatory for peanuts.
                    Yep. If he had any sense he wouldn't fight again and get that money sensibly invested.

Comment

Working...
                    X