Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Joseph Parker do that's better than Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takam will be the best fighter on the combined resume of Joshua, Hughie and Parker.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Saying it was a war is completely RIDICULOUS.
      I never actually said it was a war, by the way, so I'm under no obligation to argue that point. I said it was a competitive affair, which is born out by the scorecards which were extremely close up until the stoppage, as well as the fact that it was just obviously a close, hard-fought contest.

You make Takam sound like Kevin Johnson. He doesn't deserve that kind of disrespect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
        Would that one poster be Scott.Weiland, mlac, (.Y.) or denium? They all disagree with your assessment from what I can see.

Uh, I just did. The HL vid ring a bell? But how about you show me Takam fighting the whole ten rounds off the backfoot throwing nothing but a cagey jab, since you seem so convinced that's how the fight went down.

So you just blanked out the bodywork, the heavy lefts and rights, the vicious head snapping uppercuts, all the phonebooth stuff both fighters were doing? Your assessment of the fight is completely off the mark, and like I said, literally no one in this thread has backed you up on it.
        Did they say it was a war? didn't see that. Then they'd be wrong.

How the hell can I show you if you're not willing to watch the fight? Just go and watch it. It was a down right cagey affair.

A few punches landed here and there doesn't mean it wasn't a cagey affair. You clearly don't grasp the concept of what it means. So really no point in discussing it.

Comment

• you are so butthurt LacedUp

You got owned in this thread, shake it off and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
            I never actually said it was a war, by the way, so I'm under no obligation to argue that point. I said it was a competitive affair, which is born out by the scorecards which were extremely close up until the stoppage, as well as the fact that it was just obviously a close, hard-fought contest.

You make Takam sound like Kevin Johnson. He doesn't deserve that kind of disrespect.
            And since when can a cagey affair not be close? As I said, Povetkin was ineffective for most of the fight, but pressing the action. Takam was fighting off the back foot with solid defense which made Povetkin's work ineffective. He countered well sometimes.

And? It was still cagey and not a lot happened for large portions of the fight.

Comment

I didn't read it all no

If you want to discuss boxing, feel free to discuss it with me. All the rest, I don't read it so consider your time wasted.

Thinking what exactly? That I think Takam isn't that good? Wow, I'm saying that openly. Or that I think Hughie and Parker are super talented?

You must be a genius sir. Kudos for figuring that out all on your own.
              You're the go to for boxing discussion around, with your vastly superior inside track on what colour underwear David Haye, Kell Brook and AJ have worn throughout their career, do not believe for one moment I doubt your credentials.

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
              Takam will be the best fighter on the combined resume of Joshua, Hughie and Parker.
              I was to say something to the same effect but I figured everything everyone else other than Lacey is saying pretty much spells this out anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
                you are so butthurt LacedUp

You got owned in this thread, shake it off and move on.
                Where did I get "owned"?

You know that saying it doesn't make it true, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                  You're the go to for boxing discussion around, with your vastly superior inside track on what colour underwear David Haye, Kell Brook and AJ have worn throughout their career, do not believe for one moment I doubt your credentials.

I was to say something to the same effect but I figured everything everyone else other than Lacey is saying pretty much spells this out anyway.
                  Then why exactly do you keep responding to every post I make? Still butthurt like a little biatch that Fury did your loverboy with ease? I guess that's where it stems from .

It would definitely be the best on Hughie and Parker's resume. As I have said all along.

I'm not sure i agree that a 35 year old takam is better than Whyte or Martin. That's just my opinion. I think they are similar sort of level and if either man fought Takam I wouldn't be surprised if they won at all.

Comment

Did they say it was a war? didn't see that. Then they'd be wrong.

How the hell can I show you if you're not willing to watch the fight? Just go and watch it. It was a down right cagey affair.

A few punches landed here and there doesn't mean it wasn't a cagey affair. You clearly don't grasp the concept of what it means. So really no point in discussing it.
                    As, I said, I've already watched it more than once, and I just don't get what you want me to see that squares with your odd assessment.

Were there stretches in the fight where one or the other guy was jabbing off the backfoot? Of course there were, but the same can be said for almost any fight that goes on for more than a few rounds. You could find sections of Lyle Foreman where that happens, but they wouldn't be remotely representative of the whole fight.

The HL vid more or less sums up how the fight went down, stretches of boxing followed by phonebooth style fighting with lots of uppercuts, bodywork and the like. Both guys hurt on several occasions.

Don't puss out of the discussion saying I don't understand what cagey means. I know exactly what it means, and have provided examples of fights that fit that definition. You're the one who seems to have a unique definition of the word, and can't handle the fact that literally no one else sees things the same way. There's a word for that as well.
                    Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 04-16-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Spectacular rise to the top 5 forum downies in a matter of a few pages. well done m8, quite a achievement considering the competition!

Comment

Working...
                      X