Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Joseph Parker do that's better than Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Give it a rest you dick, it's not about taking sides, it's a discussion.

As far as i'm concerned, Takam is the proven fighter at this point, but going off the eyes test Parker has the tools to beat him. I personally don't think it'll be easy but we'll see.
    lighten up dude.
    Absolutely, parker is one of. if not my favourite boxer, but im seriously worried about this fight, i think he might lose tbh, not because He doesn't have the skill's but the step up in opposition is too big.

Jason bergman > takam

what the actual fuark is parkers team thinking?
    Takam aient no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      lighten up dude.
      Absolutely, parker is one of. if not my favourite boxer, but im seriously worried about this fight, i think he might lose tbh, not because He doesn't have the skill's but the step up in opposition is too big.

Jason bergman > takam

what the actual fuark is parkers team thinking?
      Takam aient no joke.
      Doubt his team would've put him in if they didn't think he was ready. I'm going for Parker late KO. Has he ever been hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        Doubt his team would've put him in if they didn't think he was ready. I'm going for Parker late KO. Has he ever been hurt?
        Hurt no. but stunned several times against sherman williams. hence why his team took down footage of that fight on YT.
        Yes, it's a great opportunity but why rush him, he just turned 24, this fight has the potential to be a career ender ala david price.

You do not go from fighting journeymen to fighting top 10 guy's. At least chuck a few alex lepai's of this world in beforehand ffs.

Comment

Sherman WIlliams is called the tank. Parker didn't have great defense back then but he's worked on it since. Certainly better than most HW's.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Joseph Parker will paint him all night long. It'll be easy.
            You can't say that, Takam is a strong bullish like heavy puncher, generally well conditioned too.

You believe Rudenko and Hughie are superior to Takam, is this right ?

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
              Sherman WIlliams is called the tank. Parker didn't have great defense back then but he's worked on it since. Certainly better than most HW's.
              His defense is still very very leaky, he is still leaving his chin up in the air every time he throw's.
              And sherman williams is a poor man's carlos takam.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                You can't say that, Takam is a strong bullish like heavy puncher, generally well conditioned too.

You believe Rudenko and Hughie are superior to Takam, is this right ?
                He's too slow man. Parker is absolutely on a different planet. He can move, quick punches, can punch with both hands. Not sure if he stops Takam, but he'll definitely do him good.

Lol no I never said Rudenko was better than Takam don't be silly.

Hughie would beat him for sure.

Comment

He's too slow man. Parker is absolutely on a different planet. He can move, quick punches, can punch with both hands. Not sure if he stops Takam, but he'll definitely do him good.

Lol no I never said Rudenko was better than Takam don't be silly.

Hughie would beat him for sure.
                  I was trying to clarify you don't hold Rudenko in higher regard than Takam, yet it appears even a win over Takam for Parker would not even be considered a good milestone by yourself.

Look I know Hughie is British and you pay special attention to your brethren, I like Hughie too, I'm not particularly fond of his family but that's irrelevant. I stand by what I have said previous, I believe Highie is a far better prospect than Tyson F and he will emulate his cousin.

It is by far not a certainty Parker beats Takam, having watched Povetkin/Takam again I'm actually duly concerned he may very well lose, something I would be loath to see as I would like to see Parker vs Joshua, a fight between two commonwealth fighters, you'd be excited for that right ?

I can't help but feel you're underplaying Takam and Parker here, with a win for Joshua over Parker that would be a statement win.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                    I was trying to clarify you don't hold Rudenko in higher regard than Takam, yet it appears even a win over Takam for Parker would not even be considered a good milestone by yourself.

Look I know Hughie is British and you pay special attention to your brethren, I like Hughie too, I'm not particularly fond of his family but that's irrelevant. I stand by what I have said previous, I believe Highie is a far better prospect than Tyson F and he will emulate his cousin.

It is by far not a certainty Parker beats Takam, having watched Povetkin/Takam again I'm actually duly concerned he may very well lose, something I would be loath to see as I would like to see Parker vs Joshua, a fight between two commonwealth fighters, you'd be excited for that right ?

I can't help but feel you're underplaying Takam and Parker here, with a win for Joshua over Parker that would be a statement win.
                    No that's not what I said. I said Hughie has a better resume than Parker - Parker hasn't fought Takam yet. Then people said PArker would exceed AJ with a win over Takam, which I disagree with.

Beating Takam would be good for Parker - But I just don't think he's special in any way. Tough, but not special (Takam).

Hughie has more natural talent than AJ too. I've said that ever since I saw him fight.

I think Parker is special and he'll beat Takam. Parker is a totally different type of fighter to Povetkin - He won't be facing the same issues.

Yes, but I don't think it should happen right now. I think AJ is a little too strong right now. Give Parker 24 months. He's only 24 years old - No reason to put him in with AJ now I feel. He could still fight the Arreolas, Stivernes, Malik Scott's, build his name up a bit and get experience.

It seems like Joshua is more on the Fury/Haye/Wilder path right now. But their paths will cross.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Takam went 10 rounds with Povetkin in a cagey affair. Wupti do, Marco Huck beat Povetkin ffs. Nobody's running around saying Glowacki is better than Takam.
                      Competitive? He fought on the back foot hiding behind the shoulder and flicked out a jab for 10 rounds. Amazing stuff!!
                      At least Whyte brought it to Joshua when he had his chance against a big name. threw to the body and head before getting stopped. 10 x better performance than Takam.
                      I'm not sure where you're getting any of that.

Here's a HL of the fight. As you can see, Takam did a lot more than just flick out a jab behind a shoulder guard. He brought it to Povetkin just as much as Whyte did to Joshua, body and head. Difference was he was far more effective in the way he went about it. Actually led on the cards at one point. And this was against a consensus top five (top 3?) heavyweight in the best form he's ever been in.

Whyte in comparison was almost wholly ineffective save for a brief stretch in the second and a portion of the third. Apart from that he was savagely broken down and smashed to pieces.

So yes, Takam was competitive. Can't say the same about Whyte.
                      Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 04-15-2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X