• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about all those people saying pac was making 20 mill
    Like Natas

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
      First Pac fight in years where I didn't buy the PPV.

You bought pacquiao vs algeiri?

You bought pacquiao vs rios?

You bought pacquiao vs mosley?

Damn bro.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        I'd need to see something that says that is the case for this particular fight doe. I remember that % being much much lower than that for May-Pac for instance.

Don't forget that TopRank distributed the PPV on TopRank.tv, where I and many other people bought it as well. (No cable cut)

Don't forget the ticket sales.
        Top rank is for other markets. Not the us where hbo has distribution rights.

And besides even top rank TV has to give a cut to tv, cable, sat companies. Top rank doesn't broadcast directly to your tv.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          What about all those people saying pac was making 20 mill
          Like Natas
          I dunno how many times ppl have to explain this

The listed purse is how much you pay the fighter THAT NIGHT.

guarantee is the MINIMUM you get paid after all is said and done.

If pac has 7 mil. Purse n 20 mil. Guarantee.

Arum writes him a check that night for $7 mil. But owes pac at least $20 mil.

Comment

I am not really sure why posters are so concerned on if promoters are making money or not..Arum has been doing this for years im sure he knows what he is doing

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              That's why I don't take any number seriously when it comes to Pacquiao's fights. Cunning Arum would probably say it did a mere 100K if he can get away with it.
              LMFAO! it's a choice between believing Bob or Glaser. Like choosing between cyanide or firng squad.

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
                I am not really sure why posters are so concerned on if promoters are making money or not..Arum has been doing this for years im sure he knows what he is doing
                It doesn't matter if arum losses money on a fight. As long as he makes more than he losses that year.

I don't care what boxers n promoters make.

All that matters is how much showtime, hbo, espn spends on boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  LMFAO! it's a choice between believing Bob or Glaser. Like choosing between cyanide or firng squad.
                  Firing squad for sure

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    From what I remember it's $7M guaranteed for pac with share of PPV, which adds up to a minimum of $20M and a max of $25M. It's $4M guaranteed for Bradley with a share of PPV, with a max of $6M.

I'd guess they got the minimums, so 20+4=24. Add in undercards, which is another ~2-3 mil and you have $27M in purses.
                    Estimate gate @ $15M and you get:

Gate +$15M
                    PPV +35M (70x500k)
                    PPV network share -$17.5m
                    Arena -$2M
                    Marketing Budget -$2M
                    Purses -$27M
                    -----
                    +1.5M profit... assuming there are no other costs I missed, which usually happens.
                    Wow Floyd done confused people on gates. Canelo vs Cotto did like 12 million gate.

Comment

You're an idiot if you think Arum would declare a proper number. If he says it did significant amount, then he would be required to share significant amount to Pacquiao also. Ever seen Bob celebrating with Pac's PPV numbers?

Like I've always mentioned, Arum lies in the opposite direction as compared to Schaefer, who inflates numbers because he likes being a slave to TBE. Schaefer didn't last.

Comment

Working...
                      X