Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not - Mayweather-Pacquiao II is Back on The Radar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mayweather cares about his legacy, and he does, fight.
    If not, no problem.
    Both rich.

But Pacquiao retires loved by non Floyd fanboy boxing fans. Floyd's got his fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I think this weekend's fights on Showtime and NBC is what boxing needs! PPVs need to be extra special, and very rare! Canelo vs. GGG...yes!!! Ward vs. Kovalev...yes!!! Manny vs. Bradley III...NO!!! Mayweather vs. Berto...NO!!! Mayweather vs. Pacquiao II...NO!!! Mayweather vs. GGG...HELL YEAH!!!
      Yeah. what is really sad is Lyle pretty much says the only reason to do it again is because it will make a huge amount of money.

I see so many people complaining about the state of the sport and how its risk averse and money driven yet they want to see a fight again that epitomizes their very complaint.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, many of these posters actually allowed themselves to believe Tim had a chance to beat Manny, after clearly losing twice, because he hired Teddy Atlas.

Comment

Let it go, its over with. The better man outclassed the competitor now its the new guys turn to shine. Boxing doesn't need it, Floyd doesn't need it, but maybe Manny does.

Comment

Let's just say there was a reason they picked Bradley. Pac needs to stay away from the Mayweather types, and yes, stay the hell away from Crawford.

To me, Bradley has always been a dumb fighter. He gets drawn in too easily into people's fight. Mayweather and Crawford will box Manny and use their jab to tame his recklessness. He won't be able to pull Floyd nor Crawford into his reckless, wildness type of fight the way he did Bradley. And last but not least, Crawford has jab and power in both hands with a ring IQ Bradley can only dream of.

Comment

only a blind fck would agree Floyd dominated Manny, go back and watch the video and u see floyd had no meaningful punches.
            The commentator was so biased for Floyd it was laughable.

Comment

meh another big paycheck for both fighters I suppose. I don't see the fight playing out all that differently to the last time though. having said that I did think the rounds were close (but with floyd doing enough in the vast majority) and that pac looked off form. But even if pac is 100% healthy I just feel like floyd would be able to up his game enough to once again edge the rounds. With a more aggressive pac the fight may be more entertaining though
              Last edited by Daddy T; 04-12-2016, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                Let it go, its over with. The better man outclassed the competitor now its the new guys turn to shine. Boxing doesn't need it, Floyd doesn't need it, but maybe Manny does.
                Good post. Manny needs the rematch to erase the putrid performance in the 1st fight (and the post fight presser) from the minds of everyone that watched the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by neoz View Post
                  only a blind fck would agree Floyd dominated Manny, go back and watch the video and u see floyd had no meaningful punches.
                  The commentator was so biased for Floyd it was laughable.
                  Serious question-do you think all the commentators (hbo and SHo) and all the people at ringside scoring the fight for their media outlet that had the same score as the judges were all blind or biased?

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    Let's just say there was a reason they picked Bradley. Pac needs to stay away from the Mayweather types, and yes, stay the hell away from Crawford.

To me, Bradley has always been a dumb fighter. He gets drawn in too easily into people's fight. Mayweather and Crawford will box Manny and use their jab to tame his recklessness. He won't be able to pull Floyd nor Crawford into his reckless, wildness type of fight the way he did Bradley. And last but not least, Crawford has jab and power in both hands with a ring IQ Bradley can only dream of.
                    Of course you'd say that. Look at your avatar (yeah, we get it...there's beautiful black woman out there) but that doesn't change the fact: Pacquiao is in better shape and can clean the division, if he so chooses, but he's going into politics to help his people out. Not like Mayweather, sitting on his millions and talking ****.

Comment

Floyd won't unretire for Pacman.

Comment

Working...
                      X