Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want proof americas best heavyweights are all in the NFl, look no futher..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want proof americas best heavyweights are all in the NFl, look no futher..

LaQuan McGowan

This guy is 6'7" 410lbs

If he was a heavyweight, he'd be unstoppable, plays full football games sprinting and running without getting tired, great engine.

Just imagine this guy in gloves!

All that changed in the '90s was the legalization of pro boxing on the global level.

The NFL existed before the '90s. Soccer and hockey still exist in Europe.

American heavyweights simply aren't up to the international quality level.

Never have been, which is why they only thrived against each other. They can't hack it at middleweight either.

The US will soon be be forced to focus on minimumweight titles then they'll just start genetic engineering miniature Russians and rip that away too.
    Last edited by ////; 04-11-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Full NFL game, so like 1:30 seconds of running?

Comment

A well-trained version of that man versus Valuev is PPV gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
          LaQuan McGowan

This guy is 6'7" 410lbs

If he was a heavyweight, he'd be unstoppable, plays full football games sprinting and running without getting tired, great engine.

Just imagine this guy in gloves!
          I think NFL type athletes would probably be better suited in the UFC, I think the best (HW) boxers are in the NBA.

Comment

Average NFL game has 11 minutes of play over 3 hours 12 minutes.

http://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-...nutes-of-play/

Comment

"sprinting and running without getting tired"

The arduous, endurance based sport that is the NFL.

I just googled the player, now I realise OP was joking haha. Apologies.

Comment

I like LaQuan, I laugh every time I see him running with a football for some reason maybe because for his size he moves so well but his size alone doesn't mean he would be a great boxer

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  I like LaQuan, I laugh every time I see him running with a football for some reason maybe because for his size he moves so well but his size alone doesn't mean he would be a great boxer
                  But he can move for 11 minutes in 3 hours without getting tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    I think NFL type athletes would probably be better suited in the UFC, I think the best (HW) boxers are in the NBA.
                    No, most NBA guys are too weak and spindly. Outside Linebackers, tight ends and slimmer defensive ends could make good heavyweight boxers.

Many heavyweight champions have been failed athletes at the big league sports, Rocky Marciano failed in baseball and football, George Foreman was a star high school football player but dropped out of high school to learn a trade and discovered boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X