Who should Andre Ward fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Hard to look past Paul Smith.
    You know it man. The most hotly requested rematch since Pac/Bradley III.

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
    Fonfora
    Alvarez
    Beterbiev
    That dude's a beast. I wouldn't go there if I were Ward. As a boxing fan though I'm all for it. Would tell me if Ward can defuse a big power puncher and stay standing if and when he does get hit.

Comment

Fonfara is the best way to see how good he is at LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        He's probably got another fight before the big Sergey Kovalev showdown. Who would be a good opponent for that interim fight?

Should he pick another solid LHW contender like Eleider Alvarez, or take a lighter touch like Cedric Agnew? Or should he skip another fight and go right into SK?
        The actual person doesn't matter; Andre Ward and his camp will be looking for another fight to give him a live look at a guy similar to Sergey Kovalev; a fight tall, orthodox, straight punching guy with pop.

Looking down BoxRec's ratings at 175, Fonfara(#4), Chilemba(#10), Gvozdyk(#12, though likely too soon), Shabranskyy(#17), Skoglund(#18, though likely too young and unwilling to travel), and Monaghan(#21, though unlikely that Arum does business).

Vyacheslav Shabranskyy[15-0, 12 KOs] and Isaac Chilemba[24-3-2, 10 KOs] would make the most sense.

Comment

Working...
        X