Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua - clear PED usage, but . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua - clear PED usage, but . .

This isn't to discredit or attack him. I like his style and he seems to have a decent personality.

But it is very obvious he uses banned substances.

Should the sport look to allow people to use PEDs to even out the playing field?

When you have some one like Joshua who is obviously using or cycling should the athletic commission allow him to do so, make it public knowledge and allow his opponent(s) to do the same?

If boxers aren't going to be randomly tested year round in a honest, non-affiliated manner then what's the point?

These athletes have people around them that have this down to a science. I am sure the athletic commissions are aware of this so again :

Are you in agreement that it is a waste of time to test boxers only pre and post fight, but not randomly year long?

He would be stupid to do that with so many focus on drugs in boxing at the moment.

Comment

Everybody does it...except maybe charles martin...

Comment

How is it clear? His physique is attainable with disciplined training and good genetics.

Plus I bet the cameras make him look bigger than he actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
          Everybody does it...except maybe charles martin...
          Exactly. Charles Martin is one of the few HW's that is not on roids. Everyone else is using them, at least in the elite. Fury seems to be the only one that could come clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            He would be stupid to do that with so many focus on drugs in boxing at the moment.
            He would be stupid to do what? Cycle with PEDs?

It's not stupid at all.

It's what a large of majority of athletes do across all sports.

When you have only a certain window of time to have a prime or peak, endorsement opportunities, trying to maximize your reward off your work and constantly face the threat of your career being one injury away from being over and other athletes constantly behind your back looking to take your spot then these guys will do what ever it takes to stay competitive or ahead of the competition.

I hope that you or any one else does not think that people can look like Anthony Joshua naturally. If you do then if you have any interest in the subject of nutrition, anatomy, muscular development, exercise science, etc. Then I would say do some reading or look at some videos on these subjects. IMO, it's very fun to learn.

Again I do like Anthony, but he's another example of where the sport instead of just being upfront with it wants to protect public image and seem as if they're following proper protocol. It's silly to pretend he's clean so why not just allow his opponents to be given the same opportunity?

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
              How is it clear? His physique is attainable with disciplined training and good genetics.

Plus I bet the cameras make him look bigger than he actually is.
              That is so not true. I truly hope this post was typed in a sarcastic tone.

Comment

It doesn't matter what I think regarding the way he looks, he would be stupid no DUMB to be on drugs period!

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Exactly. Charles Martin is one of the few HW's that is not on roids. Everyone else is using them, at least in the elite. Fury seems to be the only one that could come clean.
                  I think it's possible that Wilder is clean.

Wladimir Klitschko
                  Alexander Povetkin
                  Luis Ortiz
                  David Haye

Those four I would definitely say are on cycles, Povetkin I can see being downgraded to a maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
                    I think it's possible that Wilder is clean.

Wladimir Klitschko
                    Alexander Povetkin
                    Luis Ortiz
                    David Haye

Those four I would definitely say are on cycles, Povetkin I can see being downgraded to a maybe.
                    Wilder is huge. And his chicken legs add more evidence.

Comment

Working...
                    X