Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn: "Am I Black? Of Course I Rate Deontay Wilder Above Tyson Fury!!" (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Benn: "Am I Black? Of Course I Rate Deontay Wilder Above Tyson Fury!!" (VIDEO)

The legendary Nigel Benn, perhaps in an uncharacteristic showing of questionable judgement, rates Deontay Wilder above Tyson Fury, claiming that Klitschko was "scared" in the Fury fight and got exposed, presumably for being an overrated fighter.

When asked directly "Do you put Wilder ahead of Fury, then?", Benn replies rhetorically, "Am I black?"

@2:50

' i want to see men sleep!' dark destroyer speaks the truth

Comment

Benn is taking too many punches to the head, first the "I'm fitter now than i was against Mcclellan" comment and now this.

Comment

From the point of view he's taking, I understand it.

Wilder goes for knockouts, while Fury-Klitschko was one of the worst fights I've ever watched. They barely threw anything but jabs, and even those were thrown ar a rate of about one per minute.

Wilder is not the man at HW, but if you're looking for a HW champ that provides excitement and wants to fight then sure, he's that guy.
        Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 04-08-2016, 07:52 AM.
        BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

He's probably going off Fury's last fight, which must have been absolute torture to watch for someone Like Benn whose never been in a boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Benn is taking too many punches to the head, first the "I'm fitter now than i was against Mcclellan" comment and now this.
            I was wondering the same thing before because he had been acting a little off lately, but I'm putting it down to him just having a lot on his mind at the moment because his son has his pro-debut tomorrow and any caring parent would be stressed out by that, especially a former boxer and legendary figure like Benn.

Not to mention, I think Benn said he doesn't really follow the sport much lately so he's probably going off clips.
            Last edited by FlatLine; 04-08-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

at least he's honest

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Wilder goes for knockouts, while Fury-Klitschko was one of the worst fights I've ever watched. They barely threw anything but jabs, and even those were thrown ar a rate of about one per minute.

Wilder is not the man at HW, but if you're looking for a HW champ that provides excitement and wants to fight then sure, he's that guy.
                I could understand his perspective if he was asked who's the more exciting heavyweight champ. But you'd expect, after all the experience Benn has, all the fights he's been through, that he should recognize Fury's boxing ability for what it is and, even though Fury-Klitschko was an extremely boring fight, it was still a display of some pure boxing on Fury's part which is deserving of respect and praise not admonishment. It was a brilliant performance by Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Wilder could very well be the man at HW. The guy has yet to be tested his pro career no matter they throw him in there with. Has he even been in danger of even being behind on points or anything? If he dominates Povetkin the way many expect him to, the guy has the experience, size, speed, and unreal power to beat anyone they put in front of him..

Comment

I think maybe Benn overrates power & underrates boxing talent. Benn was a pretty wild hard punching mfer in his day so just cuz of that I could see how he'd think how he's thinking.

Comment

Working...
                    X