No announcement yet.

The offical Crawford vs. Postol July 23 at MGM Grand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
    How is Postol's chin, historically speaking?
    He's never been down as a pro as far as I'm awake and he took a few good shots from Matthysse and Aydin, so I think it's fair to say it's at least decent, along with a pretty good defence.

He's certainly not in any danger of being stopped against Crawford, who doesn't have much power.

Comment

Is anyone going to the fight?

Comment

I'm rooting for Victor Postol who is a very good fighter, but he's up against it here.

Crawford is also a good fighter, about equal to Postol. But the difference is that Crawford has home country advantage. The promoter of both (Arum) will be wanting him to win, so we'll likely see a referee like Jack Reiss or Lawrence Cole who will be on Crawford's side. And if it goes to the scorecards, the judges will of course favor Crawford too.

Another factor may be the long layoff for Postol. Arum showed he values Crawford more highly by getting him a fight during that time.

So even though it's a close matchup, I think Crawford will win, probably by decision.

Comment

I'll be backing Postol in this one, I think he takes it by close decision by building an early lead and withstanding Crawford's late surge.

Comment

... I believe that Crawford is better (probably because I like his style more), but I can't rule out that 'tricky' Postol...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              I'm rooting for Victor Postol who is a very good fighter, but he's up against it here.

Crawford is also a good fighter, about equal to Postol. But the difference is that Crawford has home country advantage. The promoter of both (Arum) will be wanting him to win, so we'll likely see a referee like Jack Reiss or Lawrence Cole who will be on Crawford's side. And if it goes to the scorecards, the judges will of course favor Crawford too.

Another factor may be the long layoff for Postol. Arum showed he values Crawford more highly by getting him a fight during that time.

So even though it's a close matchup, I think Crawford will win, probably by decision.
              Postol probably needs to win by Ko. Crawford and Postol are both decent boxers and I dont think either will dominate the other. In case of close rounds, most will probably rewarded to Crawford.

And the probabilities of a Postol knockout are rather slim, he only knocks dudes out who are pressing the action. Crawford sometimes likes to fight it out, but he is primarily a boxer.

Decision win for Crawford

Edit: A draw is also possible
              Last edited by asgarth; 07-19-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Great vid! I have to disagree with Montero though. Postol will not show any ring rust in this fight. He's had a great training camp and he was already in great shape when this fight was signed.

Comment

Crawford 5 to 1 fav

Seems excessive to me

Comment

Working...
                      X