Collapse
No announcement yet.

The offical Crawford vs. Postol July 23 at MGM Grand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Crawford will win but I think it will be a close fight. You can't underestimate Postol. Very excited about this bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      I'm rooting for Victor Postol who is a very good fighter, but he's up against it here.

Crawford is also a good fighter, about equal to Postol. But the difference is that Crawford has home country advantage. The promoter of both (Arum) will be wanting him to win, so we'll likely see a referee like Jack Reiss or Lawrence Cole who will be on Crawford's side. And if it goes to the scorecards, the judges will of course favor Crawford too.

Another factor may be the long layoff for Postol. Arum showed he values Crawford more highly by getting him a fight during that time.

So even though it's a close matchup, I think Crawford will win, probably by decision.
      Correction: Arum offered a double header in NYC of Postol/Granados and Walters/Lomachenko to HBO but that fell through because Walters wanted more money.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        I find it extremely funny that Golovkin/Brook has the same odds as Crawford/Postol.. and that Smith is a bigger underdog vs. Canelo.
        yea makes no sense lol

Comment

Postol gonna shock the world.

Comment

Holy **** it's almost here hnnnnghhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              I noticed Postol by KO is 14/1. I don't see that as the most likely outcome but might have a small bet just because he has a far better chance than the odds are suggesting.
              I'd be shocked if Postol got a KO. He has a pretty modest KO% overall and that includes decision wins over some fairly non-sturdy fighters (for example Jay Morris, who was 12-15-1 with 9 stoppage losses at the time, and 7 stoppage losses since). If he performs as well as he did against Matthysse then you never know I guess but I'm not expecting that.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Correction: Arum offered a double header in NYC of Postol/Granados and Walters/Lomachenko to HBO but that fell through because Walters wanted more money.
                And that's not a good reason why Postol-Granados couldn't have gone ahead on another Top Rank card. It wasn't Granados who demanded more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  And that's not a good reason why Postol-Granados couldn't have gone ahead on another Top Rank card. It wasn't Granados who demanded more money.
                  Like what? The Top Rank HBO cards this year have been:

Pac/Bradley
                  Crawford/Lundy
                  Loma/Martinez

By the time Loma/Martinez happened Postol/Crawford was already in the works. Just enjoy the damn fight and stop hedging your pick so you don't have to give credit to the fighter you don't like.

Postol is a great fighter, a true professional, stays in shape year around and will be ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    Like what? The Top Rank HBO cards this year have been:

Pac/Bradley
                    Crawford/Lundy
                    Loma/Martinez

By the time Loma/Martinez happened Postol/Crawford was already in the works.
                    They could have had Postol-Granados on one of their many UniMas cards.

There's no excuse for a big promoter to leave a boxer inactive for nearly a year.

Comment

• When is the weigh in?

Comment

Working...
                      X