Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights that were seen as very close going in, but ended up very one-sided.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    In addition to what others point out, remember Hopkins was coming off an ugly performance against Calzaghe where people said age finally caught up with him, so naturally people were legit scared for Hopkins health and it wasn't so much that Hopkins would lose but how he would lose, as the build was basically will Hopkins get knocked out for the first time in his career. He was a 4-1 underdog. Of course, some of us Hopkins believes thought he would win but we were definitely the minority and I remember being pretty nervous myself up till about the second round.

Also, Pavlik had fought Taylor at 166 pounds, so the thought at the time was moving up four pounds wouldn't be a big deal for Pavlik, who cut a lot of weight to make 160 as it was.
    Yea you're right. Wow I need to watch Pav Hopkins again because that was a clinic total domination .

Comment

Ward vs Pudwill
      Raheem vs Morales
      Lacy vs Calzaghe
      Chavez Jr vs Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        In addition to what others point out, remember Hopkins was coming off an ugly performance against Calzaghe where people said age finally caught up with him, so naturally people were legit scared for Hopkins health and it wasn't so much that Hopkins would lose but how he would lose, as the build was basically will Hopkins get knocked out for the first time in his career. He was a 4-1 underdog. Of course, some of us Hopkins believes thought he would win but we were definitely the minority and I remember being pretty nervous myself up till about the second round.

Also, Pavlik had fought Taylor at 166 pounds, so the thought at the time was moving up four pounds wouldn't be a big deal for Pavlik, who cut a lot of weight to make 160 as it was.
        I remember not being nervous at all man, I was going off on youtube video predictions, I was pretty upset

I could not believe the amount of people who were saying Hopkins is going to lose/get KO'ed. I was arguing everyday, that build up stressed me out, cause I was telling everyone Hopkins is gonna school this guy, and that Pavlik does not have the style to do **** to B-Hop. What got me even more mad was the almost immediate discrediting months after Hopkins upset him. Same old ****, call a fight outcome, then don't have the balls to admit you were wrong, instead discredit.

Comment

Mayweather vs Canelo
          Pacquaio vs cotto
          Forrest vs mosley
          Wright vs Trinidad
          Hagler vs hearns
          Whitaker vs chavez sr
          Ward vs dawson
          Kovalev vs hopkins
          Mayorga vs Vargas
          Froch vs bute

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I remember not being nervous at all man, I was going off on youtube video predictions, I was pretty upset

I could not believe the amount of people who were saying Hopkins is going to lose/get KO'ed. I was arguing everyday, that build up stressed me out, cause I was telling everyone Hopkins is gonna school this guy, and that Pavlik does not have the style to do **** to B-Hop. What got me even more mad was the almost immediate discrediting months after Hopkins upset him. Same old ****, call a fight outcome, then don't have the balls to admit you were wrong, instead discredit.
            Yeah I was doing some arguing too and was pretty confident, but as a diehard Hopkins fan I started questioning myself because I am biased towards Hopkins so about a week or so to the fight, all the Pavlik KO talk started to put doubt a little bit but not enough to stop me from betting money and all my e-points lol. As with most Hopkins fights, I was wreck at the opening bell. After the fourth round it became apparent a clinic was unfolding.

Comment

Wilder vs povetkin is going to be that way.

Comment

Chris Eubank vs Calazghe Felt sorry for Chris that night

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                  Roy Jones vs James Toney.
                  Damn, thats a good one.

Comment

Look at this guy, acting like he's back, posting on back to back days and ****. You're not fooling anyone K-Nan, we know you will leave tomorrow for another 5 years.
                    hahahaha nah I'm for good!!

Comment

No, Pavlik was the overwhelming favorite. The complete opposite from "everyone knew". Roach went as far as to reject to train Hopkins when approached, and instead told Hopkins to retire before he gets badly hurt. Everyone's prediction was Pavlik by TKO, few picked Hopkins. In fact that's another match that does not belong in this thread, according to the thread title.
                      You're absolutely right... That fight doesn't belong.

Just about everybody had Pavlik winning that one. I thought it was crazy that Hopkins was still contending at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X