Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham - a look at his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double A had some brutal knockouts back in the day.

Crazy heavy handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post

Crazy heavy handed.
      Holy ****, I forgot how brutal that Khoren KO was. Probably one of the best landings I've seen.

Comment

Arthur has had a solid career, like him or hate him you have to give him respect.
        He could have hid in Germany with the WBO belt for 10 years and fought no one.

People that don't think he is good are ******, he went 8 rounds with a broken jaw against Miranda. Miranda was a beast at the time.
        Even though he is the underdog in the fight, he could outsmart the lesser experienced fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
          He was certainly the guy at MW, but your point of view is otherwise acceptable.
          no, buddy. hopkins>taylor>pavlik>martinez. that's the lineage. arthur abraham wasn't the guy at 160, just A guy at 160. whose best win was edison miranda, which isn't really that great of a win in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
            no, buddy. hopkins>taylor>pavlik>martinez. that's the lineage. arthur abraham wasn't the guy at 160, just A guy at 160. whose best win was edison miranda, which isn't really that great of a win in hindsight.
            I'd say that's still a very solid win (assuming you don't consider it a robbery, which many people do). Miranda was an absolute killer back then, and tough as nails. The fact that he fell off badly after that doesn't diminish what a beast he was in his prime. Only Pavlik was really able to handle him, and he had to walk through a hailstorm of punches to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post

Crazy heavy handed.
              Those were some crazy knockouts. I wish we had more fighters like Arthur Abraham today. Let's hope that he brings back one of the classic knockouts when he faces Ramirez soon. WAR, ARTHUR!

Comment

Abraham used to have some serious hype, he was the favourite to win the super 6.

Comment

I was a big fan a few years back in his hey day. Still root for him now.

Some nice KO's when facing some lesser opponents, and some decent wins. Was only really beat by top guys. I enjoyed watching him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    I was a big fan a few years back in his hey day. Still root for him now.

Some nice KO's when facing some lesser opponents, and some decent wins. Was only really beat by top guys. I enjoyed watching him.
                    Me and some friends are gonna enjoy his next fight in big style, it's never boring. Friends, *******, music and Arthur Abraham, the night will be brilliant! And then we are gonna watch a lot of highlights first. Seriously, it always saddens me to see legends like Arthur get older and more vulnerable, I hope so forkin badly that he beats Ramirez, it will do a lot for his resume! He has given me some of my best times with boxing and I will follow him as a loyal fan to the very end.

Comment

Working...
                    X