No announcement yet.

Floyd a hypocrite :called AB a cherry picker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    Since 96, ODLH resume sh its on Floyd by a long shot.

I'll put up Oscars very very controversial loss to Trinidad over anything that Floyd did.
    lmao.....that's because you're criteria on ranking resumes is screwed up. losses count against your resume.

Comment

Ortiz and Guerrero were P4P fighters when he fought them? Really? Damn dude I know Floyd is your GOD but saying that about those to is laughable. Yes they were belt holders when he fought them but P4P. ROFLMAO
      guerrero was on the p4p list....look it up. i never said ortiz was.

Comment

• In 20 years people will be talking about Mayweather's run and how he won every BIG fight he was in. How cool he kept under immense pressure and how he absolutely dominated his opponents.

People forget how absolutely difficult it is to keep your focus when you're on top. Knowing that any fighter you go up against is going to be bringing his absolute best that night under the bright lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
          lmao.....that's because you're criteria on ranking resumes is screwed up. losses count against your resume.
          Dude Oscar won the Trinidad fight on the majority of the boxing historians and writers out there. It was a close fight and ive watched that fight a few times and I never came away with Tito winning.

But as I said Oscar fighting Tito at the time and losing a very very controversial decision trumps any win that Floyd.

Floyd never fought as many in there prime killers as Oscar has. Oscar resume is the best In the last 30 years hands down.

Comment

• [QUOTE=boxinghead530;16575115]Dude Oscar won the Trinidad fight on the majority of the boxing historians and writers out there. It was a close fight and ive watched that fight a few times and I never came away with Tito winning.

But as I said Oscar fighting Tito at the time and losing a very very controversial decision trumps any win that Floyd.

Floyd never fought as many in there prime killers as Oscar has. Oscar resume is the best In the last 30 years hands down.[/QUOTE

tito vs dlh was no robbery.....i don't think tito won but it wasn't a robbery. dlh did fight great fighters but he lost to most of them at the end of the day......L's don't count. and you guys love to cry about the floyd vs jlc fight but dlh has a bunch of gifts himself.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Xi_;16575130]
              Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
              Dude Oscar won the Trinidad fight on the majority of the boxing historians and writers out there. It was a close fight and ive watched that fight a few times and I never came away with Tito winning.

Floyd never fought as many in there prime killers as Oscar has. Oscar resume is the best In the last 30 years hands down.[/QUOTE

tito vs dlh was no robbery.....i don't think tito won but it wasn't a robbery. dlh did fight great fighters but he lost to most of them at the end of the day......L's don't count. and you guys love to cry about the floyd vs jlc fight but dlh has a bunch of gifts himself.
              Ok I'll list it for you. Oscar beat the crap out of and ko'ed a prime genero Hernandez years before Floyd fought him. He arguably beat Tito, he beat Quartey, beat Oba Carr, fought a primed roided Mosely which I scored a Oscar winning the first and a draw in the rematch but never the less Mosely was prime and need I remind you roided up(fact), beat a young roided killer in Vargas, beat and ko'ed a very gear fighter in Rafael Ruelas, and lost to a young(for him) Hopkins in a good effort trying to winning the real middleweight title.

Oscar took risk to try and be a true all time great fighter only Floyd could dream about. Oscar lost and won some and as a real true blue boxing fan I have more pride in Oscar resume over Floyds all day long.
              Last edited by boxinghead530; 03-31-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I'll agree with you as far as Floyd not being that same kind of fighter he was when he best Corrales and Castillo in the rematch. I was a huge Floyd watcher back then. But for me post 06, Floyd turned into a businessman instead of a fighter and to me that hurt him as far as his all time status goes.

I'm a guy who loves competition and loves watching competition. And when I'm a fan of a guy I want them to push themselves to there ultimate ability. Maybe you are content with Floyds competition but for me I thought he was so superior to other fighters of this generation that I wanted to see him push himself into a fight where I said "damn he is fighting who". Now with the competition of boxing being as sad as it was these last 10 years I know it's not all his fault that the competition for him was not out there. But there were fights that could have been made that could have taken his career even farther than it was, i.e. fighting for the middleweight title.

Dude I'm huge boxing fan who hadn't been all that excited about boxing in years. And to tell you the truth I spend more time on these boards talking boxing than actually watching it because for me it's more exciting talking about it than actually watching it these. That's how sad I think boxing is been these last few years.

Yea watching chacon-limon was and will always be my highlight of my boxing fan career. I remember it being smokey and the crowd being ravenous. I'm a lucky dude being that my first live boxing fight happen to be one of the best fights of all time. Late 70's to late 90's Sacramento was a hotbed for boxing. It's was great.
                i see why you are bombed as far as how boxing is today. You were a fan at the end of a golden age...fights were cheap to attend live, championship fights on ABC and CBS, PPV was the end all be all for big fights.

Its ironic people criticize Mayweathers opponents past 2006 but they dont realize the guy ended his career fighting and beating 13 world champions and titlists in a row...if thats cherrypicking he not only mastered it, he refined the art with quality opposition with maximum income.

Also when he retired in 07, he came back almost 2 years out of the ring and beat the lightweight champion, JMM.....Regained the lineal title at 147 from Mosley, gained the 154 title and lineage from Canelito and won the biggest financial fight in history. Unified and simaltaneously held the lineal title at 147 and 154. I dont see how that hurt his legacy. He retired with hall of fame credentials and did nothing but add to them from 09-15. It added to his legacy I cant see how you think it hurt his legacy

Also Arum prevented a lot of the fights were wanted because he hand hands in these fights. Mayweather vs Mosley could have happened in the 90s, ODLH vs Mayweather, Cotto all happened soon as they had control over their own careers. Thats no coincidence. Promoters have more control than the fighters.

Comment

• I love how fighters are labelled "past their prime, too old or green and too young" from the time they sign to fight Mayweather until they lose then they somehow become seasoned and rejuvenated afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                    He carefully match made his career after beating part time old oscar.

Yet he calls AB a cherry picker.
                    TmT has a cherry picking moto
                    Along with guys who get caught cheating.
                    ya the whole floyd is a cherry picker thing is dumb now. if floyd is a cherry picker so is pretty much every great champion ever. also broner might be taking easier fights now but anyone who jumps 2 weight classes and fights maidana in their second fight is no cherry picker

Comment

• Cotto, Canelo, Pacquiao, Mosley, Hatton, Corrales, De La Hoya, Marquez, Judah etc. etc. etc.

I don't care what anybody says, to go through a 19 year career against the names he did whatever stage they were at and not be beaten, turn up and have an off night, get caught with a shot that ko's you or whatever else, that is an incredible achievement..

At the end of the day, a lot of his opponents took wins and losses from each other, prime or no prime, yet Floyd stood alone and beat them all.

Comment

Working...
                      X