Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im starting to think that Ward may beat DF out of Kov! I mean punish him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Once the Russian starts shifting you'll see what it happens... if Ward will fight him this year, which I doubt.

Comment

It's a very tough fight for Ward. He did hurt Hopkins several times during that fight and Hop was busy being more passive than usual, he didn't want to open up to much because he had felt the power of Kovalev and didn't like it at all. Hop still got punished but survived that fight because of his granite chin. I don't think Ward can take that kind of punishment without being KO'd.

If Ward can handle Kovalev's power then he can definitely win this fight. However Kovalev has that kind of power that can put anyone in a survival mode once he start connecting.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Ward won't be anywhere as active against Kovalev knowing he can be KO'd at any point. Clinching is a tactic he can use, but Kovalev is a much bigger and stronger man. I doubt he can use it too often with success.

Punches that don't land cleanly are still going to hurt Ward. Noone on this board has offered any theories on how Ward is going to handle that. Cleverly handled it by continuing the game plan of high work rate until the bomb landed. Hopkins just covered up and survived for 12 rounds. Pascal, in the rounds he manage survive, fought as a hurt fighter until he couldn't do it anymore. Twice. This being a man that has never been KO'd and took bombs from any other fighter on his resume.

Ward is hard to hit, but he doesn't always make his opponent hit air. Most of the time he partially blocks it. Theres a GIF parading around somewhere on here as a highlight where Ward partially blocks Barrera's left hook (to his ear) and counters with a very nice shot. If Kovalev threw that punch, theres a pretty big chance it'd wobble Ward.
        Kovalev has broken several boxer's noses with simple jabs, he has also dropped a guy with a jab to the stomach. Ward will definitely be able to block some shots but like you say, those shots are going to do damage as the fight progresses. Also, posters are keen on how Ward fights on the inside, but I highly doubt Kovalev is just going to be standing there letting Ward clinch him all night, lol. He might get away with it once or twice before Killa Kov starts rabbit punching him in the back of the head, tossing him into the ropes or throwing the overhand right to Ward's ribs. It won't take too many attacks to the ribs before he tosses the clinch strategy out the window to avoid broken ribs.

I feel Killa Kov is being massively underrated by a few posters on here.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Kovalev has broken several boxer's noses with simple jabs, he has also dropped a guy with a jab to the stomach. Ward will definitely be able to block some shots but like you say, those shots are going to do damage as the fight progresses. Also, posters are keen on how Ward fights on the inside, but I highly doubt Kovalev is just going to be standing there letting Ward clinch him all night, lol. He might get away with it once or twice before Killa Kov starts rabbit punching him in the back of the head, tossing him into the ropes or throwing the overhand right to Ward's ribs. It won't take too many attacks to the ribs before he tosses the clinch strategy out the window to avoid broken ribs.

I feel Killa Kov is being massively underrated by a few posters on here.
          i really wanna see what happens when ward does something illegal that pisses kovalev off. you don't wanna piss off the krusher

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            i really wanna see what happens when ward does something illegal that pisses kovalev off. you don't wanna piss off the krusher
            Probably start stalking his prey like a lion in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              It's a very tough fight for Ward. He did hurt Hopkins several times during that fight and Hop was busy being more passive than usual, he didn't want to open up to much because he had felt the power of Kovalev and didn't like it at all. Hop still got punished but survived that fight because of his granite chin. I don't think Ward can take that kind of punishment without being KO'd.

If Ward can handle Kovalev's power then he can definitely win this fight. However Kovalev has that kind of power that can put anyone in a survival mode once he start connecting.
              Hopkins may have a decent chin, but Hopkins is old as dirt! To me, Kov has that mysterious power to where in one fight, he KO's someone dead! The next, its an accumulative beating!

I think this fight is dangerous for both! But I think Kov has to look at Ward as a nasty, mean aggressive, dirty tactician! And not a smaller, boxer, who fights from the outside! Be prepared for every version of Ward!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                But what happens if Kov pisses Ward off? Kov is very technically sound, and strong! However, Ward is a genius and a special fighter!

Kov has to look at Ward, the way YOU look at Kov! That way he wont be caught by surprise! It may look like the Dawson fight, with Kov being stronger, and having a better chin than Dawson!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Probably start stalking his prey like a lion in the wild.
                  So Ward is "prey"? Ward will have ALLOT more tricks in his bag, than a clinch! By the time Kov figures the clinch out, Ward will be doing different things! Then Kov will fall for the clinch later on! Kov needs to come into the ring VERY strong, fast, and as sharp as possible!

He needs to look at Ward, the same way YOU look at Kov! Be prepared for everything, because Ward can change a fighter forever!

Comment

I cant wait till kovalev destroy ward, and have you lames crying Hate crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                      So Ward is "prey"? Ward will have ALLOT more tricks in his bag, than a clinch! By the time Kov figures the clinch out, Ward will be doing different things! Then Kov will fall for the clinch later on! Kov needs to come into the ring VERY strong, fast, and as sharp as possible!

He needs to look at Ward, the same way YOU look at Kov! Be prepared for everything, because Ward can change a fighter forever!
                      versatility usually beats a one trick pony

all you hear is power power power, but it has to land at the right place and right time for it to be a factor

im not seeing this one mpunch ko machine they are acting like Kov is....He is so str8 up and down...will be eating those jabs to the head and body and will be getting countered.

Kov has skills but not on Wards level of know how.....Power is nice but Ward is a more well rounded fighter than Kov

they are gonna be surprised when they see Ward work him over inside...Virg and Ward are tacticians, you dont get caught at the end of a str8 punchers shots...its saver fighter on a pivot or inside. Most people he hurts are going forward or back in straight lines....he hasnt had to deal with the footwork and defense of someone like Ward either, he is clearly the fastest and slickest light heavy around

Comment

Working...
                      X