Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im starting to think that Ward may beat DF out of Kov! I mean punish him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I never gave him a hard time over that. Ever. The fans sound ridiculous though, pretending a boxer will KO as he pleases. The sport doesn't work that way.
    Fair point, but that is fans in general. I try looking past it for the sake of sanity

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
      Maybe, but who has Ward fought in the past with Kov's consistent power? Froch, Pascal and Kessler etc could all bang, but on the same level as Kov allegedly can?

Both are fans of dirty tactics and would make for an interesting fight, but it will be more interesting to see how ward reacts if Kov really touches him.
      it will also be interesting to see how Kovalev adapts to what he usually does not working enough to win

both are each others best opponents but I think Ward is better prepared for the style match up than Kov.

Whats Kov gonna do inside...he doesnt fight there often...throws the same punches over and over....that works with a certain level of fighter...i dont see it working with a guy who hasnt lost a fight in 19-20 years and analyzes every little thing and habit his opponents have.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        it will also be interesting to see how Kovalev adapts to what he usually does not working enough to win

both are each others best opponents but I think Ward is better prepared for the style match up than Kov.

Whats Kov gonna do inside...he doesnt fight there often...throws the same punches over and over....that works with a certain level of fighter...i dont see it working with a guy who hasnt lost a fight in 19-20 years and analyzes every little thing and habit his opponents have.
        True, I don't see an underdog in this fight. Questions to be answered on both sides and I hope it gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Dude Im not interested in any fanboyism... "If he dares steps foot..." Portrating Kov as this dangerous guy, that Ward should be weary of!

I never said Ward would win or lose! I dont know who will win or lose! I said Ward may BEAT DF out of him! Stop thinking of Kov as some monster, and give Ward a little bit respect!

We're here to be real, and Ward is not some guy who "automatically gets KO'd by Kov"

When he couldnt even KO Hopkins who was old!
          Open your eyes and really understand what Im saying!
          This may be very very dangerous situation for Kov! Because of Ward's style and Kov's reputation, Ward may go in their and make it another Dawson! I think the fight may look identical! Kov has a better chin and more power, but I just think Kov has to take this serious! In his mind, HE is the dangerous guy with range and power!

I dont think he's prepared to be on the other end of the aggression he tends to put out onto others! Ward is a nasty, dirty, mean guy with hand-skills! While Kov is great, Ward is special! I NEVER SAID WHO WOULD WIN OR LOSE! Im just saying everything about this match up spells trouble! They are both great fighters, but the difference between them, will determine the winner!
          People are really acting like Kov is a one punch hitter...he is not....he wears you down with hard accurate shots...good technique

Bob foster.....Julian Jackson....he is not

its 2016 and this kid hasnt lost since bill clinton was president...he isnt just gonna pack it in after getting hit once....Kov is going to have to make Ward quit and I've never seen him in a close fight.....they are underrating Ward....and overrating the "puncher"...typical....not even looking at that Ward is better than Kov at a lot of aspects and nuances in the game....fighting inside, head movement, fighting on a pivot, he is faster, slicker, etc...he gives you more looks...Kov kinda does what he does and it works for him but what are you gonna do when its not working?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
            True, I don't see an underdog in this fight. Questions to be answered on both sides and I hope it gets made.
            they will most likely have an interim fight this summer and fight in november..they cant fight past June though

Comment

Then you look across the room and see picture of Bigfoot hanging on the wall next to the stuffed mounted Unicorn head with it's horn.....You smile feeling all is well in the world....

Then you notice something utterly impossible sitting on the coffee table...
              It's a Chicago Cubs World Series Championship hat.... How can this be ???

Then you wake up in a cold sweat !!!
              It was only a dream !!!
              Now back to Reality !!!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                People are really acting like Kov is a one punch hitter...he is not....he wears you down with hard accurate shots...good technique

Bob foster.....Julian Jackson....he is not

its 2016 and this kid hasnt lost since bill clinton was president...he isnt just gonna pack it in after getting hit once....Kov is going to have to make Ward quit and I've never seen him in a close fight.....they are underrating Ward....and overrating the "puncher"...typical....not even looking at that Ward is better than Kov at a lot of aspects and nuances in the game....fighting inside, head movement, fighting on a pivot, he is faster, slicker, etc...he gives you more looks...Kov kinda does what he does and it works for him but what are you gonna do when its not working?
                Its hard to imagine Ward losing to anyone at this point! My thread wasnt about him losing or winning, because I dont know who will win or lose!

This was about Ward potentially BEATING the SNOT out of this man!

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                  Then you look across the room and see picture of Bigfoot hanging on the wall next to the stuffed mounted Unicorn head with it's horn.....You smile feeling all is well in the world....

Then you notice something utterly impossible sitting on the coffee table...
                  It's a Chicago Cubs World Series Championship hat.... How can this be ???

Then you wake up in a cold sweat !!!
                  It was only a dream !!!
                  Now back to Reality !!!
                  Man your here to be silly! Acting like Ward isnt Ward!

This fight is dangerous for both fighters, but Kov is most likely planning to be the technical punisher! I dont know how he will be able to deal with someone so smart, dirty, aggressive, nasty, and dangerous!

I think it is YOU who needs to wake up! This fight could be bad for Kov! Maybe even good for him! But he better know what to expect and every possible outcome! Ward is a veteran, and he plays no games!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Man your here to be silly! Acting like Ward isnt Ward!

This fight is dangerous for both fighters, but Kov is most likely planning to be the technical punisher! I dont know how he will be able to deal with someone so smart, dirty, aggressive, nasty, and dangerous!

I think it is YOU who needs to wake up! This fight could be bad for Kov! Maybe even good for him! But he better know what to expect and every possible outcome! Ward is a veteran, and he plays no games!
                    You are right, I was being silly.... Seeing a Cubs World Series Championship anything would immediately register as a delusional dream....

But to your point, Ward is not a punishing Bruiser.... He is effective and can be dangerous, but he doesn't KO top talent at 168.... Froch, Abraham and Kessler didn't fold...

What makes you think he can move up in weight and bludgeon a guy like Kovalev ??? That's where you are in a delusional fantasy....

If Ward did win, I wouldn't expect him to work over Kovalev.... I'd expect Andre to move a lot and come in while Sergey is turned or reacting to a faint... Then immediately tie him up and head butt if the opportunity presents itself... Basically to continue his modus operandi... A ugly non crowd pleasing performance, as he usually does when he is forced to respect his opponent...

That's exactly how I'd expect him to win if he does.....

If Kovalev wins, I'd expect him to stalk Ward, winging those body jabs in probing for openings.... Wearing Ward down while being perfectly content to take the decision unless Ward gets desperate or too brave.... In which case, he'll Knock Ward out....

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                      You are right, I was being silly.... Seeing a Cubs World Series Championship anything would immediately register as a delusional dream....

But to your point, Ward is not a punishing Bruiser.... He is effective and can be dangerous, but he doesn't KO top talent at 168.... Froch, Abraham and Kessler didn't fold...

What makes you think he can move up in weight and bludgeon a guy like Kovalev ??? That's where you are in a delusional fantasy....

If Ward did win, I wouldn't expect him to work over Kovalev.... I'd expect Andre to move a lot and come in while Sergey is turned or reacting to a faint... Then immediately tie him up and head butt if the opportunity presents itself... Basically to continue his modus operandi... A ugly non crowd pleasing performance, as he usually does when he is forced to respect his opponent...

That's exactly how I'd expect him to win if he does.....

If Kovalev wins, I'd expect him to stalk Ward, winging those body jabs in probing for openings.... Wearing Ward down while being perfectly content to take the decision unless Ward gets desperate or too brave.... In which case, he'll Knock Ward out....
                      I completely disagree! Ward is VERY nasty and mean in the ring! I never said he KO's guys, I said he tries to beat them up badly! He doesnt have a great deal of power imo! He's just relentless and mean! Dirty and aggressive!

I dont know about him KOing Kov! But Kov has been buzzed all the time, and I think Ward will try to punish him to test that chin!

To me, I think he will do a mix of inside and outside fighting! But if you notice, everytime you hit him, he gets mean! I think he will try to batter him on the inside and outside! And I agree with the dirty fighting! I think he will try to rough Kov up! Kov is so used to being mean to his opponents! I dont know if he's ready for the dirty fighting, and aggression that he may be on the other end of! I dont know how he will deal with being headbutted and lowblowed, and clinched to frustration. Having a hard time landing! All of that could play a key!

If Kov wins, I expect him to earn respect with his power, and outbox Ward to a UD! I dont see him stopping Ward, because he had trouble hurting Hopkins!

This is what I wanted from you! Legit boxing talk! Whether we agree or disagree!

Comment

Working...
                      X