No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Kovalev he will become the new face of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
    P4P #1? Absolutely. But Ward could beat Kovalev and GGG in the same night and not be a star. No star quality about him. Boring in the ring (sorry hipsters) and no personality to convince people to buy his boring fights outside the ring. Nothing larger than life. Nothing mind blowing. Just a guy who wins. Plus, the prejudice against the Irish in the media would make it tough.
    they been holding the white man down for years in american boxing!!!!

Comment

I like Ward alot but if he was going to be the "face of boxing" he would be already. I think he's the best boxer in the world currently but guys like Wilder, Joshua, Spence, etc have a better chance at being the "face of boxing" just because they are more marketable people unfortunately..

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
        Honestly, I don't think so. The face of boxing is similar to a popularity contest and I think Canelo or GGG are next in line for that honor.

Kovalev has the skill but hasn't developed the personality to be the face of boxing...
        kov has more personality in his little toe than canelo and GGG combined. he will be the new 'baddest man on the planet' if he beats ward

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          kILLA k AND SOG are the type of guys I get behind...I like both fighters....this is gonna be epic....I may fly to where ever it is to see it live...never got to see the last pfp #! fight live in person...floyd or roy...might as well see is gonna be crowned....this fight undoubtedly determines the numero uno.....sorry my lil hombre chocolatito....he is gonna have to beat estrada or inoue for me to pass these guys although skillwise he is up there too
          Ward/Kovalev is the best fight currently for boxing fans, but for casuals it would probably be Canelo/GGG or Fury/Wilder..

Comment

Actually if Wilder beats Povetkin... with the powers of PBC and promoting that KO ratio, I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder shines as America's late and new Heavyweight on the cover of Sports Illustrated. I could just see a great article written on Sports Illustrated and Wilder on the front cover. Most people will easy gravitate to a heavyweight frame on the front cover, and American.

Comment

kov has more personality in his little toe than canelo and GGG combined. he will be the new 'baddest man on the planet' if he beats ward
              Then he should show it more often. Kovalev only seems likeable when he's talking **** about Adonis. Aside from that, he comes across as a very serious dude, which I happen to like. Most casual fans require more.....

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                Ward/Kovalev is the best fight currently for boxing fans, but for casuals it would probably be Canelo/GGG or Fury/Wilder..
                its no surprise 2 out of 4 of the fighters have the highest ko% in boxing.....yet the thinnest resume as far as marquee name boxers

Casuals like knockouts, nothing is wrong with that. Heavyweights too.

they are the life line of the sport

Comment

BOMB SQUAD!!

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
                    Fighters of the year,p4p#1 and a super star...The guy has the chance to snatch 2 0's this year and pick up 3 titles..Sad he is 32 now and let 4 years of his prime go away
                    If King Kong keeps KOing the top dawgs in the heavyweight division, he will be the new face of boxing. Unfortunately Wards style is hard to sell to casuals.

Comment

I hope Kovalev beats Ward. Nothing against Ward, I just want to see Sergei go undefeated for a long time and he would look pretty bad-ass beating a cerebral, undefeated fighter like Ward, whom many call the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world now that Mayweather is "retired"...

Comment

Working...
                      X